1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Is Aaron Brooks good or bad? Does he actually contribute to winning??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Apr 22, 2009.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Yup, I heard him make that point in the post-game interview. He said we didn't wait that extra second and missed opportunities to hit Yao cutting across the lane.

Now that I think about it, I hate all of their guts for making those mistakes. I hate them all, I tell you. The deepest kind of hate you can feel for another human being. They should all be hung to dry!

2. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

True.

3. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

AB sucks, I'd like to see him leave Houston this summer...

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Rafer? Is that you?

5. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

You didn't miss much in the 2nd half. Brooks only played 30 minutes and most of that was in the first half. Brooks has nothing to do with Yao not getting the ball. I saw how Pryz was fronting him and Oden doing the illegal D on the paint to kill the lobs.

To anyone who can't appreciate AB. Watch the tape on these last two games.... HE IS OUR BIGGEST MISMATCH. Blake cannot stop him. He gets in the paint and the Portland big men have to foul. He fished fouls off of Pryz and Oden once he got by Blake.

Adelman... AB is your key to this series. He needs to play more than 30 mins or until Portland figures out how to stop him.

6. seadenliu

seadenliu Member

He will be much better if benched, but now, really bad

7. chewy016

chewy016 Member

totally agree with AB being benched. start lowry. give lowry a reason to step up his game. it does help the team when AB run out the clock and then drive baseline to pass up the ball with 1 sec left. i saw that happen at least three instances. for half the points AB puts up prior to that he had made mistakes to put us behind. how about starting Von Wafer at point even thought he's a SG.

8. rocket 521

rocket 521 Member

why did we lose? AB's last two stupid turnovers !!! I know it's not his fault, but please bench him !!! :mad:
    did u notice that ? when he was on the court, he didn't pass the ball until the last 10 seconds ,but the time isn't enough . :mad:
    lol 23 points! 11 points in the Garbage Time :mad:

9. rocket 521

rocket 521 Member

I agree with you . at least 3 times ? no, more and more ! :)

10. chasingu

chasingu Member

He can contribute a lot every night off the bench.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I vote that if you didn't watch the game, you shouldn't be allowed to start a thread about it.

I feel just a little bit DUMBER for having read this thread.

12. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

What games were you guys watching?

AB = 9-12 FG, 1-2 free throws, responsible for drawing two fouls from Oden all in 30 minutes played. Three turnovers the entire game... and not to forget... your leading scorer in game 1. You guys are unfairly bashing this guy. And there is no garbage time on a four point win.

Watch how Portland is keying in on Yao Ming specially in the fourth quarter. Pryz was fronting Yao like a mad man and Yao was literally covered double team like a wide receiver just looking for the ball to be passed to him. Yao had double team on him without the ball. Portland could not stop AB penetration when they were doing this in the fourth. Watch it again on your DVR... just the fourth quarter. If anyone deserves bashing in this game is Ron Artest with his 8-20 shooting. Be fair on your analysis.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

*sigh...

look whos whining and trying to accuse others of this n that...and fleeing the argument...what a man u are...

again...if I wanted to watch the game myself and keep the discussion within my own head I'd have done so okay man??? ya digg???...so why don't we all just go watch the game instead of posting our opinions on this thing called a certain "forum"???!!! are you dumb or something...I mean whats a forum?? whats it used for again? oh oops sry I forgot.....from my low intelligence it must be to watch videos on maybe??? oh yeah maybe ae.........see maybe I AM really smart...................my IQ is only above 10...

why dun u go back to kindergarten and learn reading comprehension again...just because your lacking brain power to continue this debate doesn't mean you have to put your low IQ on display on this big forum to embarass urself...self humiliation I see...........

get this through your head: whether Yao is my hero or not is irrelevant...whether the question his lack of touches concerning brooks or not is the topic...I have in no fashion accused of him of being at total fault...I have already declared that I am unsure of what the problem lies in getting yao the ball...okay??? WHERE DID I BLAME AARON BROOKS???

14. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

It's still debatable if he contributes to winning, but he definitely does get blamed everytime we lose. :(

15. RocketBoy2008

RocketBoy2008 New Member

i agree with u

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I second the vote .

17. redao

redao Member

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

^^r****d

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude TIVO the next game or use a VCR before making a post.

make your own judgment first after seeing the whole game, don't rely on stats or recaps.

It would make it more legit instead of " I didn't see the game but..I think"

"After watching the game, I think Brooks.."
    that's much better

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Two of the turnovers came in the last 2.5 minutes. And the second one led to a Portland breakaway dunk which led to an 8 pt deficit with less than a minute remaining.

Also, when Portland was up 93-90, Brooks had the ball and it was obvious he had no intention of passing regardless of who was open. He missed a 3, and Brandon Roy hit a 3 on the ensuing possession.