1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Irrational Exuberance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rimrocker, Mar 22, 2018.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

There is still 1/8 of the season left. And then the playoffs.

I know the Rockets are good. Really good. So good that they are one of the few teams in NBA history who haven't really faced regular season adversity when healthy. But we know it's coming.

We know because we've been here before. We blew two horrible home games to Phoenix. We were down 3-2 in the Finals and a shot that would have led to defeat on our home court was just released. We were the 6th seed. We were getting crushed in the first game of the Finals. The media was rooting for the Knicks and couldn't believe we could stay with the young Magic. On the flip side, disappointment followed after Stockton hit a shot, Yao got injured, Blazers hit last second shots, refs blew calls.

We also know the MVP is a pretend award given to an individual and we know Dream taught us there can be no real MVP without team.

So, let's not get carried away with the articles praising us and the commentators saying stuff and the awards given or not given. As we move forward, the team, the city, and the fandom are one and each influences the other. We've been here before. We know what to expect. Act like it.

There will be plenty of time to get giddy over all the clippings and argue about interviews afterwards. For now, don't get complacent. Don't get distracted. Stay humble.

And let's kick ass.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I pray we got this!

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

cool but us fans posting articles and whatever has no affect on the actual team.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody longtime Houston fan's expectations are definitely tempered.

justtxyank, HTown_TMac, kjayp and 2 others like this.
  5. OTMax

OTMax Member

I choose to be happy, enjoy the moment, have faith in a great post season and take the playoffs one game at a time. We are great and deserve the praise, but couldn’t care less what they say or think. They have good reasons to doubt us, Harden and MDA in particular, and I actually worry too but refuse to give into that right now. Have faith, ride this high and enjoy.

hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Best thing that could have happened to Harden and the franchise was game 6 TBH. It lit a fire in James and it put constant pressure on this team to never take nights off.

Fyreball, hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Classy post. We've earned nothing until the 16th win.

Stay hungry. Stay humble.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We just want to bask in the moment, and enjoy being on top. Many, including me, who have been disappointed over the years knows that playoffs are a different ballgame, and Harden has not yet proven himself in postseason, as he has during the season. We all want to hope this will be the year.

9. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I can't help myself from getting amped up for this playoff run.

Even if the rails come off and it all ends catastrophically, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to cope emotionally thanks to the 'Stros last season. :)

Fyreball and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I noticed this too brother.

Somebody tell the newbs we still have to play in the playoffs.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team is a different animal...no stopping us.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, fans should stop enjoying the ride? Isn't that the exact complaint many people have when announcers say things like "So what, they haven't won a playoff game yet".

Why should fans not be exuberant about the best regular season in Rockets history with a historically good offensive team and 2 Hall of Fame caliber players?

hakeem94, marks0223 and Tfor3 like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

And this

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Players: Stay humble. Don't get overconfident. Take each game as they come and don't look ahead. Play hard and maintain good habits.

Fans: Go f$%king nuts. You've earned it by putting up with Dwight.

#16 topfive, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imho it has a certain effect

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think some celebration is in order because by now we've exceeded all expectations all external parties had for the Rockets in the offseason.

But I love the message. As we go into the playoffs it's time to hit the reset button. Nothing will be given, nothing has been earned yet.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member