1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iran readies to invade Iraq?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockHEAD, Jun 16, 2004.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeff,

I, and many others, value this forum a great deal. I hope that something short of eliminating it can be done. Aren't people banned from other forums? What about banning for a specific amount of time? This is not addressed specifically at Bama.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

lmao! A brief post about peeing on one's own hands. I think when people say they want to "clean up" the BBS, they're not necessarily talking about urine. But I could be wrong. I did note that German bathrooms were wonderfully clean places, and I missed them dearly as soon as I got back to the US. That's the honest truth.

Jeff, as you may know, I do advocate closing this forum. In its stead, we should have a MR ROBOTO forum. During a brief trial, such a forum was wildly successful and, I should add, very peaceful. When it comes to MR ROBOTO, there's really no room for argument. There is only marvel and breathless admiration of a masterpiece.

Domo!

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Silliest rant eva.

4. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

OK, I can increase the peace.:D

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, I don't get reported posts from the Hangout, so I didn't even know that post was reported and hadn't really been paying attention. I don't generally attempt to police the regular hangout, just the D&D when I have time.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Briefly back on topic (BTW, I have seen no confirmation or anything of this and am ready to chalk it up as a red herring; or at worst a defensive measure by Iran to prevent millions of refugees from Iraqi chaos from streaming over the border), I agree wholeheartedly that we need to protect the interests of Ayatollah Sistani from the theocratic mullahs in Iran -- Ayatollah protection today = secular, pro-western democracy tomorrow -- and by "tomorrow", I mean "never".

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Okay, this is just a bit too autobiographical. Daddy Dearest?

8. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I think he was reacting just as much to this from Andymoon:

What's the use of having a D&D forum if we can't D&D?

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

We should D&D the issues and not eachother.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We don't have as much water floating around in the toilet as you guys, so depending on what you do, you have less of a

SPLASH!

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

maybe that is why they think it is a good idea

They could come in and take up the space
    and they won't be anywhere NEAR as kind as our
    troops were

Rocket River

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

How bout we stop calling other posters "sick" to start off with, then Jeff won't call the second foul?

The back-slapping liberal cadre may not like expressed views, but until you keep the "sick" comments to yourself, then it is you, who come across as very un-adult like...

My view is if they want to start something. then they will be finished and I wouldn't mind a bit!

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You know, bama, I have tried time and time again to have a fruitful, intelligent debate with you and it always seems to end up with you calling me a liberal or an idiot. In order to keep myself from flaming you any more than I have already, welcome to the ignore list.

14. GladiatoRowdy

He talked about just moving along and attacking Iran as a result of their moving troops to the border, IOW, with nearly zero provocation. Maybe I shouldn't have called him sick, but what do you call it when someone is so gung-ho to start wars all over the world?

15. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

So just to clarify, can someone post the criteria of what political opinions I have to have so as not to hurt anyone's feelings or get on everyone's ignore lists?

I am concerned, because from time to time, I may come up with a thought that is my own.

Thanks

16. GladiatoRowdy

As far as I am concerned, you can have any idea you want as long as you communicate it without using hateful, vitriolic language. I welcome ideas that disagree with my own as it gives me a chance to refine my ideas where appropriate or to firm up arguments that I have for my positions. Please don't feel like you will make my ignore list for having an opinion, as long as you don't insult me (or others) while expressing said opinion.

17. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong. But wouldn't Iran WANT to defend its borders if Iraq's policing/security is lacking after a U.S. "pullout"? Just common sense...

I mean, who here thinks that Iran is "moving in for a take over?" Please! The whole friken world would get pissed off about that!

Anyways, don't you just like the way the words shout out at you...."Iran has MASSED four battalions at the border!" Chicken Little anyone?

#37 DavidS, Jun 18, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    This man is correct. Iran is going to invade Iraq with 4,000 people? Right.

Anyway -- isn't the term -"reliable Iraqi sources" an oxymoron? Didn't we learn our lesson before?

19. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Simply respond to someone calling you a "sick" person and you get put on ignore. Figures....