1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iran Protests

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tallanvor, Dec 29, 2017.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

didn't see a thread anywhere. Iranians are out in massive numbers denouncing the Muslim regime.

Beautiful to see such things from IRan

White House Approves. Good Trump.

Of course New York Times trolling everyone. The economy. thats it. haha

#1 tallanvor, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

step to the right direction.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think it's great. The Iranian people, in the main, are like most people in this world. They want to be able to provide for their children, to have jobs, to have more personal freedom, and a democracy not controlled by the clerics. I wish them luck. The regime is pretty ruthless when it comes to dissent, similar to the regime in China.

rockbox and A_3PO like this.
  4. tallanvor

which country isn't?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Whatever country you're from.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It's just a jump to the left
    And then a
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust
    That really drives you insane

Let's do the Time Warp again

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

As an Iranian, I love that Trump is in solidarity with the people of Iran. The last president made the regime's wallet thicker.

#7 RocketsLegend, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  8. Exiled

Exiled Member

I don't see these protests going anywhere ,Basij/Hezbollah-Iraqii-Afghani militants will brutally come to the rescue

not sure about that, just different tone to the same old notes like in 2009

#8 Exiled, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@tallanvor Come on, that's funny. haa

Deckard likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Personally I think its never to late to do the right thing so commend trump and administration for speaking out. That said, Frum has a point...

Nook and DudeWah like this.
  11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What a pile of garbage. Trump enforced a travel ban on countries that were already on a list of high threat countries for many years. Trump didn't make the list, the national security under Obama did. Liberals once again trying to hijack another news so they can spin into another anti-trump hysteria.

Astrodome likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Through the strong leadership of Mr. Trump the Iranians are now able to protest against the religious fanatics ruling their country. Mr Trump is making the world a better place one country at a time.

FranchiseBlade, Nook and Cohete Rojo like this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And NOT ONE of those countries had one of their citizens commit a terrorist act on American Soil. Unlike Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

14. tallanvor

Trump is speaking out against the president and mullahs as opposed to the last administration which supported the Iranian government. If I was an Iranian against the current Iranian administration I would prefer to have American support (as opposed to 2009 when Obama spoke out against the Iranian protests).

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. tallanvor

Stuff getting violent. The Iranian regime wasn't going to give up power quietly though.

#16 tallanvor, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  17. tallanvor

Iranian government has cut off internet and is refusing to let the news mention the protests. They also **** off the metros

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't describe Obama as "supporting the Iranian government." I do agree, however, that his initial response to the 2009 protests was pathetic. He later condemned the Mullah's violent suppression of those demonstrations, but like big chunks of his foreign policy, I disagreed with him and the delay. I criticized a lot of Obama's foreign policy actions, or inactions, while he was in office. The "red line" being an obvious blunder.

President Obama had an opportunity, early on, to back up the Philippines in their dispute over Scarborough Shoal. He essentially did nothing, which China saw as a green light to break international law and claim, absurdly, Scarborough Shoal. Obama also had an opportunity, in my opinion, to stop China from building "islands" on top of reefs, another blatant violation of international law, and he did nothing. Result? China has constructed military installations on those artificial "islands," including runways long enough to handle different military aircraft, like jet fighters and bombers, along with missile installations, both offensive and defensive. However, when it comes to bluster and damaging relations overseas, particularly relations with our closest allies, Mr. trump takes the cake.

#18 Deckard, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Nook, AroundTheWorld and Cohete Rojo like this.
  19. tallanvor

he gave them 1.7 billion dollars and ended the investigations into Hezbollah drug trafficking. That's supporting.

Obama wanted a good relationship with the mullahs so he did these things. Trump wants no such relationship and thus he openly scolds them.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member