1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vaioavan63, Oct 8, 2007.

1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Has anyone got this new ipod? What do you think of it?

2. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

ive got the 16 gig one...that thing is incredible

sound is excellent, but man do those earbuds that come with it blow...the safari browser is great, youtube looks nice, and one thing i love is this cover flow; you can scroll through the albums and their cover art, you touch the album cover and it flips over to show you the songs...i havent seen any videos aside from the youtube ones, but from everything ive read its supposed to be great too

my one complaint is that they still have that ******* chrome rear casing...it scratches up waaaaaaay too easy

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

i cant wait to get mine

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i just got a protective rubber covering for my iphone which should fit the new ipod (i believe they are the same dimensions) for the same reason i didnt want the back to get all messed up when i have it in my pocket and stuff.

but yeah the coverflow is pretty sweet

5. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

I have been converting everything into MPEG format for my iPhone. Right now I got 20 albums, 2 episodes of planet earth, games 1, 2, and 5 of the Rox vs Jass, transformers, and the two new episodes of the office.

I don't see why all the hate for the iPhone, best gadget I've ever owned. I cant believe why anyone would actually buy everything through itunes. Thank god for newsgroups and nzb's.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

And this guy shows you why Apple keeps making the Chrome rear plates. They want you to buy a case so you don't scratch up that pretty chrome! If you use your iPod without a protective covering, it will get scratched really easily and eventually many will break down and buy a new one due to the scratches on their mp3 player.

7. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

I have a touch and its pretty amazing mp3 player. Only gripe is the headphones, but those can be solved by buying a pair of shures for overseas travel. The youtube add-in is something i use every day, just to watch videos all day whereever i can get internet connection without having to use my computer. Worth $400? hmm thats hard to say, but i do love it.

If worried about scratches i use

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APIPTOUCHFB.html

I pretty much get all my electronics protected with that stuff.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'd get a cover to protect it from being dropped or something

Why get a cover to prevent it from being scratched? The cover covers up the part that you want to protect and keep "looking nice".. so you don't get to see it anyway. Seems like a waste and added bulk for no reason if you're just protecting it from scratches.

Sir Charles, how do scratches on the exterior make a player break down?

9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Yeah, but once the cover gets really effed up you can just switch it out and put a new one on...you can't do that on the original.

Plus if you ever want to sell it, the original casing needs to be pristine. Also, scratching can play a part on warranties.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Although it's not a Touch, I recently got an iPhone (as a gift), and I've got to say, it's pretty freaking awesome for music and video. The touch UI is very snappy and easy to operate, and Coverflow works well. And, for a change, video is actually watchable due to the large and vibrant screen.

Personally, although it's $100 more and has less storage, I'd be more inclined to buy an iPhone over the Touch due to the extra programs on the iPhone, like Maps, Email, Stocks, and Weather. (There are documented ways in which you can use the features on the phone without having to first activate phone service.) But that's just me. Also, if Apple ever gets off their ass and releases an AD2P profile for the Bluetooth stack in the iPhone, then you could listen to stereo music using wireless headphones.

Oh, and my iPhone is naked without protection of any kind. You hear me? NAKED! (And it still has zero scratches.)

And yes, I did have to switch from Verizon to AT&T, which made me VERY nervous, but I tried out AT&T's network extensively before agreeing to cancel Verizon. Surprisingly enough, I have had zero problems with AT&T's service and reception in both Houston and NYC. Coming from Verizon, I thought this would be a big issue (my phone has to be usable), but damn if I'm not getting the same coverage as I did with Verizon...

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

amen.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im thinking about getting one when i go on my "round the world" type trip.

do you think this would be a good device to check up on emai, myspace, rockets score type activity? there is wifi everywhere these days so i figured i could use this. to play music + plus the other stuff while im on my trip.

and also does anyone know if it would be possible to transfer pics from my camera to the i touch hard drive???

thanks

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

though it's a pretty cool device no stereo bluetooth kills it for me.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think i found the solution to transfer pictures to an ipod.

only thing is i dont think it works on the ipod touch.

just the older video and nano

random ipod add on :( :( :(

any one have any ideas???

15. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

You can just sync up pictures in your ipod touch using itunes. make a folder, put the pictures you want in there, go to itunes, click on your ipod, and there should be a pictures tab. click on that tab, then choose the folder you want your ipod to sync with.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thing is im going on a 4-5 month trip. so i want to be able to do it away from a computer. im going to be taking a TON of pics so it would be nice to have the extra hard drive space since ill have the ipod touch with me anyways.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is VoIP possible with it?