1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iPad vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeRowdy95, Jun 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

Ignoring price, which is better?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I went with the iPad and it's outstanding, love it. It kind of changes when and how you can use the net. I don't use my laptop nearly as often now.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

Depends on your OS preference, its all about familiarity. I'm an Android nut but have no hate towards Apple or iPad, hell I own a iPod classic and nano. Each has is pros/cons.

I don't think the Galaxy Tab is the best out there, Asus Transformer Prime is pretty nice for a high end tablet. You also may want to wait till Wednesday since Google is suppose to announce their Nexus 7 in quadcore with their new Jelly Bean OS $200 tablet to take over Amazon Kindle's Fire sales.

4. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

Ya I'm waiting it out. I don't expect big things from Microsoft's new product either. Apple seems like a safe bet, but it's not cheap. My philosophy has always been "safe and cheap."

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

If you don't mind previous generations, iPad2 16GB, brand new can be found less than retail, I know Micro Center had it for like $370 instead of $399.

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

how can they put out a $200 tablet, yet these phones are still $500+ off contract?

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Competitive pricing. It's rumored to be a device trying to compete with the Kindle Fire. Most smart phones off contract are $400+

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Member

Also in the tech world, bigger isn't necessarily better.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

Plus having mobile data capability compared to just wifi makes a difference. iPad 3g/4g versions are $130 more than their wifi only counterpart

10. Uprising

Uprising Member

^^^^^^ That's why you root your phone and wifi tether....unlimited....via sprint. :grin:

11. oomp

oomp Member

I have an older model Galaxy tab. Micro sd card was why I made the choice.

My Acer Iconia Tab takes both micro sd and usb.

12. le081488

le081488 Member

Search around, might be the exception but I got my Ipad 3 from BB Open Box (Looked new, no scratches, etc.) still under Apple Warranty til April for $329.99 was amazed they actually let me.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have a Galaxy tab. I own a Galaxy phone, Samsung laptop, Samsung TV's, Android phones the past 3 years. I really dislike the iPhone and feel MacBooks are overpriced. I recommend the iPad.

14. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

I agree with every bit of this. For me, the deciding factor was which OS I use on my phone. I bought two tabs: a New iPad (God, what a stupid name) and an Acer Iconia a510 (at the time, the Asus was still having wifi and GPS issues). I liked the iPad, but since I use Android on my phone, I found I was able to be more productive and do more than just "play" with the Acer. So I gave the iPad to my girlfriend. Each has pluses and minuses, but I encourage you to try out both and keep an open mind.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The new Ipad display blows away the galaxy tab away

16. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Asus transformer infinity kicks BOTH tablets @**

17. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

Yeah, but so does the price tag. $600-$700 for a tab? :eek: Plus $150 if you want the keyboard dock.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

How? iPad's screen is higher res. and kills it it in graphics performance. The TI has slightly better CPU performance, although that is really not noticeable because IOS is so much smoother than Android OS.

19. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

This is where it starts to become a very grey area. Statements like "iOS is so much smoother" are highly subjective. For example, limitations to the UI on Apple devices in general (one word: widgets) prevent it from really meeting my needs, making it not very "smooth" at all. Yes, the new iPad looks to have a higher res display than the TI (and just about every other current mobile device on the planet), and it is very, very pretty. But it's not like the current offerings from Asus, Acer, et al. are completely horrible, or even that much worse. The average user would probably barely notice the difference. Add in the wonky aspect ratio of the iPad display (4:3? Really? In the era of HD video?) and the high price tag, and you start to see some very good reasons to consider other products.

20. Hak34

Hak34 Member

This.

Not to mention a host of other lacking features for internet browsing and multitasking. One button to take you home is just not cutting it anymore.