1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IPad 1 16gb wifi only $299 at Verizon stores!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Prince

Prince Member

iPad 2 available now at the apple store in galleria.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah, I can't stand BB- probably the closest I come to 'hating' a place. Their bulsh tactics over the years, like having pricematchers arrested, having an intranet that looks identical to the internet site but with higher prices so they don't have to honor their online pricing, uber-agressive warranty pushing, their joke of super-high-priced 'Geek' Squad tech supprot, etc, etc. I have a hard time even buying their clearanced stuff. If they're the same price as someone across the street, or even a little lower, I'll avoid them.

Back to the ipad, I buy accessories from HD Accessory. The case I bought for my iphone 4 is still kicking. Decent, cheap stuff.

3. Prince

Prince Member

wow,nice website. thanks.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Did you get one? I thought you had to wait or something.

5. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Yes I did. I was supposed to pick it up Monday, but when the manager called to tell me it was in I asked him to hold it for me because of the accident my aunt and I were in on Sunday. I offered to pay, but he said it was ok. I went in Wednesday (very embarrassed because of my face being so messed up), picked it up and had the manager set it up for me. He tried to sell me some more stuff, but I figured I could find it cheaper online. The bad thing is, I missed out on the case I wanted (the one I posted a picture of earlier in this thread), so I've been on the lookout for another. Sorry, kind of long when a simple "yes" probably would have sufficed. How about you?

Pugs

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I didn't know about the accident...have been in and out of work...sorry to hear about that, hope things are better...

I got one and I missed on the case as well...still looking...I'll be going to fry's to look at accessories...they always have cheap stuff...just depends on how cheap...

7. pugsly8422

Thanks man....I'm healing...got 4-5 abrasions on my face, the swelling on my elbow still hasn't gone down much, my right thumb is still purple and in a splint, my knee has a bad cut on it, but luckily no stiches were required. I don't really remember anything, so I assume I was out almost immediately. When I finally "woke up" I was in the ER. To be honest, I'm just happy to be alive.

Here's a case that is normally $32, but is on sale for $4. It's not leather though, so I'm passing on it. I think it may come with a free screen protector as well.

Link

I would think Staples sells accessories (probably not as many as Fry's), if they do here's a coupon for 15% off.

Link

Pugs

8. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

For those who missed out you might want to check craigslist. I bought a brand new 32 gb ipad 1 for 325 earlier today. It was still sealed.

9. Xerobull

Didn't know about the accident either, Pugs. Glad you're healing up.

10. pugsly8422

Not sure if anyone cares, but here is the case I ended up getting. Cost was $15 ($47 on Amazon) with free shipping.

Link

Amazon Link

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHVWtdgzr8Q?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHVWtdgzr8Q?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

[​IMG]

Pugs

Edit: I did consider this one, but wasn't sure if the stand would hold:

Link

11. Xerobull

I'm considering the Belkin Grip 360, but it's a tad pricey- the lowest I've seen it is $45 on Amazon, no shipping.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EXIZ8uaLEgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

See it anywhere for cheaper in your deal hounding, Pugs?

12. pugsly8422

I ran across that one, but figured the handles would be too much trouble changing and lugging around, but I definitely considered it. Not a bad choice in my opinion.

Have you tried Ebay? Actually, here, I looked:

$30.50+$11.27 shipping, so not much cheaper than Amazon.

Going for $12.50+$8 shipping with 14 hours to go.

$20 (buy it now, but it's international)+?? shipping.

Surprsingly, that was the cheapest I could find it for :(

Pugs

1 person likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

My girl got me a Dodo Case for my birthday. I freaking love it.

14. Xerobull

Thanks pugs.

Yeah, tried ebay. My line of shopping usually goes - Amazon, ebay, Google Shopping, then a Slickdeals search (since it's such a crapshot).

That case looks like the best deal for me- I want a handle so I can flash a reverse speed limit at drivers in front of me when they're putzing along below the speed limit.

15. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

Crap, I found a bad pixel. Only about three weeks old. What's the return/exchange policy? Got it from Verizon. They told me to check with Apple store. Would they give a new one even if not bought there? Is it 3 pixel or more? Thanks. iPad 1 by the way.

16. Xerobull

Yeah Apple store should take care of you. 1 year warranty.

Make sure to sync before you go in.

17. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

They said it's past 14 days. Have to make some screen fix appointment of some sort. No more iPad 1 in stock. **** it. It's not that big of a deal.

18. ling ling

ling ling Member

google "fix bad pixel mac"

19. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

That's pretty unacceptable regardless if it doesn't bother you. I'm sure you can always call your credit card company and go that route to see if they are willing to help you out.

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Who told you this? Verizon store? If an Apple Store told you this, try another one. One of them is bound to have some in stock.