1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Investigation Shows Hundreds of US Cops Being Trained by Far-Right Extremists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Homey the Clown, May 12, 2022.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They also need more training in ethics, psychology, deescalation and more controlled use of force. All of that takes money.

Another problem is that things like "warrior training" and training that encourages increased use of force are often pushed by the unions who fund them.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I know a cop. He's not learning any of that **** even if they provided it. Controlled use of force, lulz. Nobody cares about their jobs.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

And they protected their "brother" in Buffalo
    made sure he was captured alive
    And will protect him on the inside

Rocket River

Reeko likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

black person so much as twitches with their hands in their pocket and they’ll get lit up…their body will become see-through

kill 10 people in a church, and let’s take u to Burger King

this latest domestic terrorist probably got Chinese takeout at the precinct

Rocket River likes this.
  5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Fear of an unknown is a hard thing to gauge, perfectly human emotion to occur, but i'm not sure how much influence this gives them, some elements of control i suppose?

Though people carrying an element of trust as opposed to distrust carry a much greater ability to influence.

If you fear me, the most i can get out of you, is conditional behaviour (hence machiavelli's line about love and fear), whereas if you trust me, i can shape the way you think

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

not just cops, we need to look at judges too

@Rocket River

A hit-and-run driver pleaded guilty Friday in a suburban New York crash that killed the father of Nicki Minaj and was promised a year or less in jail, disappointing prosecutors and the hip hop star’s mother.

In Long Island’s Nassau County state court, businessman Charles Polevich admitted leaving the scene of the February 2021 accident that fatally injured Robert Maraj as he walked along a road in Mineola.

Polevich initially got out of his car and looked at the injured man on the ground, but then drove off, didn’t call 911, garaged his car and covered it with a tarp, authorities said. Polevich pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence by concealing the car.

Maraj, 64, was taken to a local hospital in critical condition and pronounced dead the next day, according to Minaj's representative Joseph Carozza.

mdrowe00, Rocket River and Andre0087 like this.
  7. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'm sorry, this is a load of crap. The left is "sinister"? Dude, that is a stretch.

Extremists on the right have now twice tried to dismantle the US government and undermine the constitution.
    Extremists on the right are responsible for the murder of how many people in the past 250 years or so?

Yes, there are extremists on the left but one is way way way worse. So much worse, it's like equating a 10yo boy that stole a candy bar with Charles Manson. Not exaggerating.

My least favorite line of reasoning is the "well, both sides do it" argument. It's weak sauce.

White supremacy, and anybody that makes any effort to normalize it or otherwise dismiss just how bad it is, is simply awful. It is our original sin and we need to call a spade a spade.

The "left wing agenda" is what started America.
    Jesus was a liberal.

Yes, it's good to keep liberals in check because left to their own accords, doesn't end well ...but that is literally true about anything. Leaving a fat kid in a candy store doesn't end well either but that doesn't make it "sinister."

You know what is sinister? Dragging a black man down a road behind a pick-up truck with a rope. You literally can't give me one example of the left doing something like that.

mdrowe00 and deb4rockets like this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not sure how you came up with that interpretation.

Here's what I said, and what it meant.

"When the left goes awry"... Not "the left", but when liberal assessment of problems is incorrect or solutions misguided.

"It can be quite sinister"... "it" being the negative outcome/pathology, not "the left".

"Because the faults in it are non-obvious"... this being why it's so sinister, because it is hard to detect, prevent, and correct for. Like a devilish problem.

It's not a value judgment about the goodness/badness/fitness of "the left", but rather an evaluation about the nature of the problems each ideology creates when in error.

9. krosfyah

I really have zero idea what you are saying. By putting "it" into quotes, you sound like Bill Clinton trying to defend what "it" means. lol

Anyway, my point is the "both sides do it" argument is unimpressive to me when right wingers are literally responsible for the holocaust, the international slave trade, US institutional slavery, and two US Inserections.

So when right wingers go awry, they start targeting and murdering people that don't look like them. That simply doesn't happen with liberals.

Liberals, at their core, believe that all people deserve a fair shot.
    Conservatives, at their core, believe they are entitled to have (and defend) what they have (by any means necessary).

So I ask you, please provide me tangible examples in western history where extreme liberalism resulted in targeting and murder of innocent people.

10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

That's obvious and fine. Probably no reason to continue, but just know that what I said and meant did not nearly match with how you understood it.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Not liberalism (which is right of center), but there was this thing called Communism that was popular in the 1900s and things didn't go well.

12. krosfyah

True, which is why I put an asterisks on it and stated western liberals. We do have Cuba but even that is not nearly as bad as the worst days in the US or Germany. Bad conservatives is way worse than bad liberals ...in western societies.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. krosfyah

I don't think the point I'm making is obvious. I hear you that liberals, left unchecked, is not healthy. But that is literally true about any human in any circumstance. It's why that 50yo single woman has 8 cats. She needs somebody to stop her from adopting that 9th and 10th cat. lol. Liberals need conservatives to keep them in check ...and by and large, that happens well enough. But the reverse isn't true so it's important not to normalize white supremacy.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'm not for normalizing left extremism or right extremism, but sufficed to say I'm not really sure about the bolded part.

I can absolutely sign on to the idea/fact that America is a naturally more conservative country, however. So perhaps American right-wing extremism is a bit more prevalent/numerous.

Edit: meant is more con, not isn't

#74 DonnyMost, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
  15. krosfyah

"a bit more prevalent"? It is not a function of frequency. It's a function of amplitude.

Just pointing out your semantics, which is very telling, suggests to me you under-estimate just how bad right wing extremism is. That is my point. ...but it's not just you. I think most Americans do the same, even many liberals themselves. I feel that is our root problem in this country. We simply can't get ourselves out from under the shadow of the unadulterated evil that is white supremacy. It is America's ball in chain, ironically.

Anway, moving on. Thanks for the chat.