1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Invesco Field at Mile High"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Frank Black, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

The Broncos' new stadium this fall will be called Invesco Field at Mile High despite the Denver-faithfull's vehement disapproval of the name. It should be noted that the Denver taxpayers are paying for 75% of its cost. Corporate America makes me want to puke sometimes.

I just hope this trend fades by the time the Rockets decide to name their new arena. Doubtful.

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You mean the GalleryFurniture.com Arena?

Rocket River
    [Nervous Laughter]
    I HOPE THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN

------------------

3. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

Oh, that'd definitely make me puke! Unless, of course, the arena were outfitted with recliners.

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man, don't even joke about that! The day our arena has Gallery Furniture plastered on the outside is the day I become a Jazz fan!

ok, maybe not a Jazz fan, but I will be VERY disappointed in Rockets management.

------------------
    "Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
    -- Tiger Woods

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Speaking of our favorite furniture salesman, (no, I'm NOT talking about the guy with the chainsaw that goes "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!), Gallery Furniture is now the "official sponsor" of Wrestlemania this year...McIngvale even has Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerero in a commercial!!

I don't know...as bad as Mattress Mac's commercials are, there's something even worse about a juice up pro wrestler holding a wad of money and yelling "Gallery Furniture really will SAVE YOU MONEY!"

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!