1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Introducing Sergio Llull

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alvin Choo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Not interested in Rubio. After what he pulled on Minnesota, boy seems like a diva, with a stuck up family behind him. Besides, it sounds like Llull will actually get out of his contract even before Rubio.

2. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

These Real Madrid guys have a tendency to come in to the NBA and make impacts on their team. Now the rockets just have to wait for him to develop a little more and bring him in at the right time and hopefully he can make an impact on this rockets team.

This page breaks him down pretty nicely too.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Sergio-Llull-5023/

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You can understand it though. Dude didn't want to play for Minnesota. He should be thankful for being selected in all, but I can understand it. If the Rockets had drafted him or traded for him after the draft, I doubt it would have played out the way it did.

4. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

this guy will be here next year and will contribute

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

AB is over 6'3"?

6. conquistador#11

So much talent at guards, and I don't want to part ways with any of them. I say we start brooks and lowry with Sergio off the bench.

7. herro

herro Member

DD really said that he didn't see ANY of our draft picks contributing?

It wouldn't surprise me if ALL of them contributed.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Llull might be a legitimate 6'4" with shoes. He has Air Bud's hops, great handles, very quick, if not AB quick (who is?), is known for his defense, is developing into a real, honest to goodness point, becoming skillful at setting up the offense, and is a lights out shooter.

This year, at the highest European level? In Euroleague play, 71.4% from inside the arc, 47.6% from Downtown, 75% from the line, 2.6 assists per game. Granted, that's 8 games at 18.4 minutes per game, but at the highest level where the guys that get the most minutes are usually more apt to be 30, not 22. In Spain this season, he's playing a hair under 20 minutes a game, shooting 53.7% from behind the arc, 53.5% inside it, 66.7% from the line, and 2.6 assists. That's for Real Madrid, long considered one of the very best European teams in one of the best leagues. He was on the Spanish team that won the European Championship this year.

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=esp&PlayerID=66630

I'll add that he's got charisma, passion, and is very popular in Spain, especially with the chicks. The fans would love this guy in Houston.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I liked the pick. Then thru a channell, i got to see about 20 games from the kid. He's can play in the nba, no doubt and become a good player. I think if they lose lowry via trade or some other method, he and conroy will compete behind brooks.

10. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Sounds like Bobby Sura... cant go wrong with that

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Llull and Rubio. It's gonna be a little bit like CP3 and DWill when they hit the NBA.

(psst....Rubio is better)

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Nope, but he is very athletic.

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Good post, thanks for the insight. ;)

14. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I think Deckard is the official driver of the Llull bandwagon, and for me, I just needed to read his name to hop on!

1 person likes this.
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I noticed that he dunk with both left and right hands in those videos. The kid has some serious skills. Its not easy to dunk with your off hand especially when you don't have hands like Otis Thorpe.

17. FFz

FFz Member

that behind the back dribble that BROKE rubio's ankles was SICK!!

18. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Would be great to have him in another year or two. The question is will he take NBA Rookie contract to come to NBA when there will be teams in Europe offering him more.

19. FFz

FFz Member

we drafted him in the 2nd round so we can pay him whatever we want like with Scola and Andersen.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, but I'm just riding shotgun. There were a few others who thought he might have potential back then. I definitely think he has the tools, with more seasoning (some here, of course), to be starter material and hopefully for us. I might be alone on that wagon. ;)

I think FFz answered that. Probably something similar to Scola or Andersen.