1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Interview 740 the team Orlando] Jermaine Taylor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hak34, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Listened to an interview on local Orlando sports radio today with Jermaine Taylor. Bullet points

-Believes Dez Bryant needs to be part of the team and not worry about something so small. Was asked what the Rockets players made him do and stated that it was mostly just carrying bags or getting donuts. Laughed that he didn't mind carrying bags because the guys made so much money that usually they were Guicci or Louis Vitton bags.

-Wasn't nervous at all during his first start against the Lakers, and was happy that coach trusted him to guard Kobe, really didn't want to disappoint his coach.

-Biggest surprise for him in his transition into the NBA was the spacing due to not having the 3 second rule.

-Believes that if he would of followed his football career he would of been just as good at Football, in High School he ran a 4.5 40 Yard dash.

-Asked about Yao's progress and said he had no idea, even though he states he has watched Yao several times workout.

-Says that the Rockets have a really good team with Yao, Scola, Martin, Brooks, Ariza that the Rockets just need to work it out.

-The NBDL helped him develop his game to the extent where he could actually spend time on the NBA court. Wasn't frustrated about shuffling to the NBDL, didn't want to pout. Saw it as an opportunity for more minutes.

-Mentioning his start against the Lakers where he had 15 points, 5 rebounds, and two assists and the interviewer asked if he should be considered for a starting role, to which JT said most definately. Admitted that he did not have control, that all he could do is work.

-Said that the Heat would be really tough to beat, but that they aren't unbeatable.

-His choice for three teammates to surrond himself with right now were Kobe, Lebron, DWade.

-Said he patterns his game after D Wade and that their games are very similar. Stated that he watched him and Kobe mostly

-Wants more Twitter followers. Said he won't deny anyone so request is jtaylor8ball or jtayloreightball he didnt specify which way it was, but it was the one time during the whole interview he actually sounded excited about anything.

Notes: Weird that he stated he has watched Yao several times, and amongst the conflicting reports of Yao's progress, he couldn't shed any light on it, actually that he had no idea. He was about as mundane and monotone as the Ferris Bueller Teacher who does the visine commercials. Didn't say much about the Rockets when lead into this portion of the interview, only that the Rox would have to find a way to put all together.

6 people like this.
  2. YouCompleteMe

YouCompleteMe Member

Interesting...

3. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

i like jt alot. he seems like a cool dude and has alot of potential. hopefully he can keep improving :grin:

4. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Nice Info .. Thnkx man
    Sometimes u get the wrong impression of a player .. he looks better grounded than I Thought ..
    And he's per minute production is good .. I expect a much bigger role next year ..

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If JT can't say anything positive about Yao, he won't say anything. His silence deafening!

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

7. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

for real, i was watching mike and mike this morning and golic said when he played for the oilers they tied someone up to the goal post for the same thing.

i like that attitude. the dude seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in before the DD-Hate :grin:

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

First, kudos on a great find! I wouldn't make too much of how he reacted to the Yao question. Taylor was a rookie last season and Yao didn't play. He was a gigantic dude on the sidelines in a suit, with a great reputation. So Taylor never played with him and probably doesn't know him well at all. He's still trying to find his way. Also, he probably knows squat about the rehab Yao's been going through and figured saying nothing would at least not make him appear stupid.

10. Turpis

Turpis Member

And he is following Clutchfans on twitter. Yay!

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IBTDDH!! :grin: ME TOO :grin:

12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

True hasn't played with Yao or seen him play much so he doesn't want to judge the situation.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Man, I hope we don't see these odd in and out of the d-league fiascos anymore. I hope he is a permanent part of our rotation this season. Seems like Von Wafer with better defense.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice read, thanks for posting.

DD

16. lokeej

lokeej Member

Taylor definitely has potential! He showed it last season, with what little playing time he had. The guy is learning and knows he has alot more to learn, and is willing to work hard to prove himself, so I give him some credit. He'll pan out to be a solid player, but am not putting too much stock in him becoming a starter...unless injuries plague us at the 1 and/or 2 spot.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So he has the cursed number 3 now.

18. Hak34

Hak34 Member

No it was a little more awkward in that he stated that he specifically watched Yao workout several times but that he had no idea how Yao was doing. Wouldn't most of thrown obligatory "Yeah man Yao looks great running around or in drills" something. It almost seemed as if he was annoyed by the question about Yao during his interview.

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Hey I changed my sig and I'll stop annoying you.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good read. Thanks for the recap. Cool about the Twitter info! JT follows ClutchFans, that's all you need to know. ;)