1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting UT acceptance story!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Joshaaronb, Mar 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I knew this was going to come

And the best you could do was post a picture of cheerleaders. Every damn school (except Duke) has a good looking squad. And I can go on to say that every damn school has their fair share of good looking girls. But I'm simply not impressed with what UT has to offer relative to other schools and as a whole. Besides, I'm not attracted to any Asian girls (entire Asia) so there goes a bit of a percentage. ;)

I seriously thought this entire BBS was going to be loyal to UT. I'm glad to see that's not the case at all.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

those yao ming stalkers are UT'ers....

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Has there been a what college did you go to/going to thread yet?

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

As someone who went to 3 different universities in 4.5 years in 3 different cities, the time I had at UT was the best. It was the most diverse place I could ever imagine. Also had the best looking women.

The academics was surprisingly top notch, although I thought students in the business school could have been a bit more career oriented.

5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think UT and Austin were both better off for you and your friends' decision.
    Seriously, you went to the trouble to apply to a school just so you could say you refused to go?

UT PWNS YOU.

6. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As someone who has attended 7 colleges/universities, including a Masters program at Johns Hopkins, I agree completely and would add that the quality of the professors and the classes was also highest at UT.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

What about for people who went to and graduated in college abroad? In a third world country? How do employers deal with them?

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Where did you go to school? BTW, 75% of the things you listed can be said for almost any school in America. Except for the hotter girls thing, doesn't seem like you know what you're talking about.

Cockroaches at Wendy's and Taco Bell? Come on...Go to any Wendy's and Taco Bell and I'd guarantee you that every single one of them have cockroaches.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Go to Texas State, more girls, and then hire as many UT grads as you can when you start your own business.

:D

DD

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

that's fine you hate austin, but your complaints lost all credibility with that statement. ...seriously where is here? houston? or do you live with macbeth?

UT girls are awesome. hell even the dumb ACC girls are awesome too.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I love Texas so much I left my cushy job as an Engineer to come back and get my MBA from McCombs. Best decision I ever made, and it'll be my second degree from UT.

12. redefined

Houston? Are you crazy?!

SMU

13. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

But that's impossible, isn't SMU in Dallas?? :confused:

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

DOES NOT COMPUTE :confused: :confused:

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

You mean these aren't Texas college requirements for acceptance?

1) Must drive an American Car
    2) all radios in said car must bepreset to country music
    3) Must be missing at least one tooth
    4) slack jaw is an absolute must have
    5) your neck WILL be checked for and inspected for a appropriate level of redness

16. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I think that's just for A&M :)

I kid, I kid -- both my brother and sister are A&M students, so I just like to give the school a hard time.

I didn't go to UT, but I might apply to the PhD program in Computer Science. I met several professors at Carnegie Mellon who were from UT, and they were all pretty cool.

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I'm convinced that there is no mathematical formula to get you into a certain college, that you need a certain GPA, a certain SAT and etc. There is a correlation, but you never know who is reading your application and might feel like vouching for you. Knowing a few people who worked in admissions for a college (Georgetown) as well as a law school, you'd be surprised how humanistic it is. Sure if you don't pass a basic level of competency (like if you have straight C's and a 600 on the SAT) then you will get passed over, but they do try to read at least a few of those applications and people get lucky.

I think kids obsess way too much over grades, after three years in the workforce, I find that most people don't think grades have much of a correlation to intelligence or how well you will do in reality. Many people in college admissions have the same belief.

18. redefined

I don't compute either. :rolleyes:

Since when do people here think Dallas is made up of ugly girls?

Houston, on the other hand, ugh :mad:

19. redefined

I tried an experiment once this year trying to land an internship. On my resume I updated my GPA and didn't add my last job on there. My GPA at the time was 3.75. I didn't land the damn job. A couple of months later I lowered the GPA to 3.35, added my previous jobs and really tweaked my accomplishments. They didn't even talk about my GPA and went straight to what I did for those companies. I got the job. Of course, every employer is different and will look for different things. But grades alone don't mean jack without any experience. I wasn't looking to work, just wanted to keep my interview skills sharp and ended up not taking it.

I'm free for another few months :D

Enjoy your time off while you can. Life becomes hell once you start again. I didn't even have time to do my dry cleaning. Had to get my mother to pick up and drop my clothes off. I didn't even service my car while I was working or went shopping or anything. It was just work, then work out, then TV, then sleep...7 days a freaking week.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

we are confused about the living in dallas.