1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting trade rumors...ok it's vescey but still

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jello77, May 27, 2002.

1. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i no this is peter vescey and i no hes a jackass but still...

According to several sources, the Timberwolves, determined to improve team chemistry, are trying their best to trade Wally Szczerbiak rather than commit to a long-term contract. The catch is, it's a package deal; you must be willing to accept Marc Jackson's 5-year, $21.2 million pact; his arrival at the trading deadline signaled the sinking of Joe Smith's confidence. At least a dozen teams, including the Knicks, have been contacted regarding their interest.

By the way, in an exercise in futility, Scott Layden continues to pursue Stephon Marbury as do the T'Wolves, who are dying to reunite him with Kevin Garnett; he's not available. Though Shawn Marion (whom must be re-signed) wouldn't be upset to see Marbury traded, the Suns plan to re-build on their pedestals . . . and around Penny Hardaway and Tom Gugliotta who can't be traded.

A guy the Colangelos would love to re-acquire is Antonio McDyess, who owns an escape clause after next season, but I'm told that's the last place he'd consider playing. The post David Robinson Spurs is a different story.

The Knicks, Blazers, Warriors and Clippers are bombarding the Bulls and Rockets with all sorts of tempting offers for the draft's top two slots, reveal sources. New York wants Yao Ming; the other teams want to call Jay Williams their own. Carroll Dawson would be expelled from Houston if he gave up the rights to Ming, whereas Jerry Krause can't screw it up by retaining Chicago's No. 2 position. Trading it would expose him to unnecessary risks and criticism.

From what I'm told, Portland is shopping Bonzi Wells and Dale Davis and there's talk about Ruben Patterson going to Cleveland. Meanwhile, Derek Anderson asked to be moved five times during the season and ended it by reiterating his request.

look at it like this...i would jump at the chance to pick up both jackson and szcerbiak. they would fill our center and small forward positions nicely. we could give them cato and thomas plus maybe the #15 and a future first rounder. would you do it?

how bout dale davis? i would love to have davis as a veteran center. he could be a solid backup. if anderson really wants to get out of portland so badly, maybe we could pull a future first round pick and cato for davis and anderson? i'm juss speculating here. maybe i'm stupid and thes trades are horrible but from my point of view they're not bad. mobley and francis could learn to share with szerbiak and we can get jackson.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Cato and Thomas would be bench players for Minnesota. Minnesota is actually looking to upgrade their team, not downgrade it.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Jackson? As if, Dude. Besides, Jello, Jackson is sooo "last year."

4. Timing

Timing Member

Man we should have tried signing Ruben Patterson instead of MoFat last year. Patterson would solve some of our defensive problems against big 2's, 3's, and small 4's. Damnit!!! :mad:

5. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

There's a reason he was with the Blazers...no Houston babysitter would be safe.

"Come here...I want to show you something"

6. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

well, with the first round picks added its not really downgrading. minnesota needs serious help there tho, because they never played jackson. who are they gonna start ahead of cato, nesterovic? thats pretty sad.

who is there power forward? did you see how much playing time joe smith logged in the playoffs? you dont think maybe kt would be better?

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

there is nothing there to jump at. we are not dallas, and we do not make moves just for the hell of it or to sell tickets.

after drafting ming we will need to improve our sf position by trading the 15th and moT or rice.