1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting Read: Keenum no Tebow

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by shaggylambda, Jun 17, 2013.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

This article is a whole lot of fluff based around not a lot of solid info. Taking Kubiak quotes as evidence that a player has made some signficant jump in skill or ability or decision making is dubious at best. Kubiak is famous for talking up his players to the media. I can only remember him bad mouthing someone once.

Now, that's not to say that Case isn't every bit as good as the author suggests, just that what evidence he uses is not really all that convincing that anything has changed from last year (tracking interceptions in OTAs? Really?). I would love for Case to jump past TJ as the #2 QB because that would indicate to me that he really is looking better, but I would be surprised to see that happen.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This. I've seen him throw the ball around 70 yards in person, he has armstrength.

3. MystikArkitect

Everyone made note of Keenum's massive improvements this off season, not just Kubiak. One of the first things out of OTA's was Keenum's control of the huddle and knowledge of the plays.

He's legitimately pushing Yates for the #2 job.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

I remember coaches/players/media talking about how much of an improvement LeStar Jean made last year too...didn't pan out to much.

Again, I'm not saying it isn't all true, but I stopped getting really excited about OTA/minicamp developments because it is so far removed from actual game day conditions.

5. DwightHoward13

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Keenum has way more mobility than Schaub. Once Keenum can become NFL ready, the O-line does not have to be as good due to Keenum's quickness.

6. Genesis

Genesis Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Keenum had several concussions? Or am I thinking of someone different?

7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

[​IMG]
    You're messin' w/our GPA.