1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting Less Talked About Free Agents This Summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would be interested in Al-Farouq Aminu as a project if he doesn't ask for too much. The guy rebounds at an excellent rate considering his size and position. If he can refine his 3-pt shot, he may be a suitable guy to develop off the bench.

2. eugeniu

eugeniu Member

trade for Ryan Anderson (perfect fit)
    sign Kyle Kover (perfect fit)
    sign Tony Allen
    hope dwight sign with houston rockets (without ST)

3. basketballholic

Aminu has no basketball iq. He's just an athlete. No thank you.

One point I want to make. If you are ok with paying Ryan Anderson $25.3 million over the next 3 years, then you should be very ok with paying Paul Millsap $30 million over the next 3 years.

4. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Did not bother to check tax, but,
    Get Sergio Llull over.
    Sign Splitter to the back loaded max, ala Lin/Asik.
    Sign Tony Allen and Reddick, trade any combination of Lin, Delfino and Garcia to make room.
    Hope either Love or Lamarcus Aldridge become available.

Looking at the team outlook, Iguadala will be the best fit, he is just a long term big contract sidekick.

5. jvu

jvu Member

C Howard,asik (6th man)
    Pf milsap, jones, donatas
    Sf parsons, Kyle korver
    Sg Harden, Tony Allen
    Pg lin Beverly, brooks

Sign Howard or milsap
    Sign and trade for Howard or milsap.

Optional if no interest in korver/Allen:
    Ariza/Martin
    Ariza/reddick

Optional if no interest from Howard/milsap:
    Bynum/smith
    Big al/ smith

6. omerasik

omerasik Member

We need Josh Smith.

Lin/Harden/Parsons/Josh Smith/Asik

Thats the Team i wanna see next Year.I think Howard will stay in L.A

7. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Nah, we ACTUALLY saw he can have nights where he looked like a scorer, but at times and chucked the ball up. His defense was good. Why not make him a second unit guy? Probably too expensive

8. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

one underrated free agent i would love to have is cory brewer... i would love for him to come off the bench.. he did so well this year for the nuggets. especially against us! perfect 6th man roll

9. gabion

gabion Member

i agree

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I really like this line-up with tony allen and kyle korver coming off the bench, but no Bynum please. To much of a risk with his injury.

11. Asian Sensation

BRANDAN WRIGHT!

Long, athletic, shot blocker, soft touch, young, underrated, forgotten about, ready to break out, can be had for relatively cheap IMO, ready to take on a bigger role. He only got 18mpg put he put up more than solid numbers during his time. He's the typical under the radar guy I could see Morey going after. Now I know a lot of people automatically assume McHale can turn any PF into a stud with his coaching ala Greg Smith or Trob for example which just isn't fair or true but I think he can really help Wright take his game to the next level considering he's on the verge of breaking out regardless. He's better than anything we have at the 4 spot currently and he can fill minutes at the 5 spot to spell Asik and since he can run the floor he's perfect for when we go small.

12. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Get rid of Parsons? Oh, I needed a good laugh after watching Hotel Rwanda

13. verysimplejason

Millsap and Iguodala.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I ran across this pic of him. Look how small he looks next to Iggy's huge arms.

[​IMG]

15. imaginedragons

getting iguodala would be huge but it would displace either parsons or harden which screws up everything built this year. millsap would be the most perfect fit, sliding right into the PF spot and having everything that the Rockets lack. Millsap gets a ton of steals even at the PF position and his post work is excellent as well.

A rotation of Asik, Millsap, Parsons, Harden, Lin, Beverley, TJones, GSmith, Delfino would be very strong.

Adding Iguodala to the mix if he or Parsons would be ok coming off the bench would be even better.

16. prs325

prs325 Member

As much as I hate it, I think Korver may be 1 of those under the radar Morey moves

17. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If not Paul or Howard, Morey will not do anything;
    Maybe, He will sign one or two players one year contract such as last year's Delfilo

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He's also a really good defender. I think there's still a lot of upside there. Pretty surprised New Orleans didn't pick up his team option...which certainly says something. Still, he certainly doesn't fill a need for us, and we already have so many young "project" players.

I like the branden wright idea. Per 36 min he averages 17/8 with 2.5 blocks while shooting 60% from the field

#78 Aruba77, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  19. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If couldn't get Paul or Howard, Morey will not consider any other free agents;
    Maybe, we will sign one sg/sf one year contract like last year's Delfilo;
    Waiting for LJ next year!!!

20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Trade for Anderson.

What about Gerald Henderson as a sixth man and backup for Harden? Assuming the Bobcats draft McLemore, he's going to be out a starting job and the Bobcats might not match an offer for him,