1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting Less Talked About Free Agents This Summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, Apr 28, 2013.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I really like Tony Allen but he can't shoot the 3 and he probably wants, and deserves, more money than we can give him.

2. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

We should get rid of Lin and D-Mo

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I'd really like to get him on this team. I'm guessing he'll only command like 5 mill/yr, 3 years or something?

The league is moving towards more 3 point shooting, and we shoot more threes than anyone. We need some top tier shooters. Even if we get Dwight, all that does is open up even more opportunities. I think Harden/Dwight surrounded with shooters would be deadly. Harden drive and dish. Dwight passing out from the post. PnR's all day with shooters if the defense collapses to help. Korver could back up Harden and Parsons.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Do you own a TV?

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You know that it's impossible for Morey to stand pat.

6. rocketfaithful

Idiot!

7. rocketfaithful

how abut this. lin dmo and royce white for a second round pick(aka, cap dump; Dmo is in there to cancel out royces negative value)

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think Gasol is too much of a injury liability. This season wasn't so great for him.

If we were talking 2008 Gasol, then I'd definitely think about pulling the trigger to bring Gasol here.

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

I want Redick!

10. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

What about David West. I thought he was a free agent this summer. Not saying we should go for him, but he is up there like Milsap.

11. trowa2

trowa2 Member

if we can somehow get rid of lin and asik, we can gamble sign both cp3 and howard.

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Morey will jump at Dwight or Paul, or seek a trade for a 2nd star. If none of this happens, 1 year rentals.

If we get that star, then we will look at the lesser known players, but we won't invest in them until we are 100% clear no 2nd star is coming to Houston this off-season. No commitment to multi-year deals for people like Millsap, etc. And if we do get Dwight or Paul, we won't be able to afford to get other players like Tony Allen etc.

My dream scenario is we get Dwight and convince Stephen Jackson to sign here for the minimum. He gives us another wing that plays D, can post up, hit the 3, and he gets along with Dwight. If not SJax, then Matt Barnes. We need a versatile 3 to play some stretch 4, or oversized 2 with exp., toughness, a stroke and an edge.

Dwight
    Power Forward
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

Beverely
    Sjax or Barnes
    Smith

That's a rotation with 1 link on D-- Harden. The 4 man we get is crucial(via trade from Asik). Ideally Ibaka(not happening) or Gibson(that not happening, too).

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Can't tell if serious

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That's not Presti's decision to make

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What do you have against the...MJcats?

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I like Tony Allen from that list.

Is there a chance we can get both D12 and CP3?

Paul
    Harden
    Parsons
    J.Smith
    Howard

I think this team could challenge Miami.

17. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Lin has to be a star player to be considered a big anything. Really dumb trade btw :)

18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Lin/Bev
    Harden/Reddick
    Parsons/Korver
    Smith/Jones
    Asik/Splitter

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Okafor would be nice but he ain't leaving money on the table to become a free agent.
    Dwight or bust!

20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

And if we fail that gamble? We've gutted our team and ruined everything.

Protip: CP3 isn't leaving the Clippers. He'll be the first between the two to sign. They'll pay him max money, he'll become LA's newest icon, and he'll be consulted in regards to player brought in and coaches.

If we do get Howard, he and Harden instantly make us contenders. We would just need to get some great roleplayers. We need to build up our team like the '95 Rockets. Parsons and Lin will keep improving; Lin especially on the 3 pt stroke and ball-handling. We would need to trade Asik for a stretch 4. 3 point shooting would be key to our team. I think Ryan Anderson would be a great fit.

As far as free agents we should be on the hunt for, I think we need another wing defender and a legit, 7'0 big man behind Howard.

For big men, Jermaine O'Neal would be a cheap option, and he could play PF next to Howard. He could mentor our young-bloods as well. Though, if Chris Kaman could be had for cheap, I wouldn't hesitate. Of course, if we feel confident with Greg Smith, Motiejunas and/or our 2nd round pick, we could go to war with them.

As for a backup for Harden, Reddick would be great but probably too expensive. Randy Foye has been an absolute marksman this season, and it wouldn't hurt to have another sniper from long range. Corey Brewer doesn't have the same range, but he is a much better defender.

Lin/Beverley
    Harden/C. Brewer
    Parsons/Delfino
    Anderson/Jones
    Howard/O'Neal

Is that a roster we can go to war with?