1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting election result...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JuanValdez, Nov 8, 2000.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I voted against him because of the arena. He was doing his job and trying to protect the city from a bad investment and all the rest, but I voted against him all the same. (By the way, did anyone else vote based on how people's names struck them? I guy named Fury was running for Justice of the Peace. How can you have a Justice of the Peace named Fury? So I voted against him.)

------------------
    RealGM
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Paul Bettancourt supports the arena this year, and he wins re-election as Tax Assessor with 57% of the vote....

Coincidence??

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Let's get this one straight.

Bettencourt NEVER supported this referendum. He agreed not to oppose but he was never really close to supporting it.

His "official report" was aimed at giving opposition something to work with without actually getting involved.

He's a good Tax Assesor Collector but no friend of arena supporters.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com