1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting comments by Shane on last nights game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Feb 18, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I 100% agree with you.

DD

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I didn't see anything weird or interesting about that comment, they moved the ball well last nite and they were hitting their shots.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Battier is not saying anything about Tmac, but it is clear to anyone that watches the games that the ball moves a LOT better when Tmac is not playing.

DD

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, Battier's words seem to jibe with the opinions of lots of people. Are we reading into them? Sort of. But I, like many, would say that T-Mac is the biggest ballstopper, doesn't move without the ball, barely plays defense, and kills the on-court chemistry. Hence, Battier's words do not come as a surprise but seem more of a confirmation.

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i can see the point but most playoff bound teams are good at defense. defense is all about desire and hardwork. good defense teams can recover from double team so the window for other rox players to grab is small when playing against a good defense team. it's one reason a solid playoff team always has a closer. if rox doesn't have any big move, my only hope is on ron. ron is definitely capable to be a closer.

6. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I would say that for as long as Rick Adelman is coaching the team, letting T-Mac go for nothing would only be addition by subtraction. I feel that what the Rockets got in return for him in a trade would only be a bonus.

For the most part, the most ideal players the Rockets got in return for T-Mac in a trade would be those who can step in and play within the motion offense of RA's IMO.

7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

woot woot to that.. and finally we keep a team from scoring over 100 points.. :D

8. leebigez

leebigez Member

Yeah its funny how shane decides to cut to the basket when someone post up instead of watching his man sink into the lap of the post up guy. I guess that's Tracy fault too? The offense is what it is and it always look better when the ball is going in. I would rather people just pull behind the guys that are there and stop worrying and crying about tracy. A limping tracy does the team no good and DD and a few of us have said that. It has nothing to do with anything else. When guys can't move side to side, they are not good players anymore. Look at Webber once people realized his knees were shot. He can be a high post passer all he wants, but if he is no threat to take it to the hole from the free throw line, it kills the offense. I wish some of you would just move on. If you work at a crappy job and use the rox as a escape, then maybe you need to find a better job. If watching the rox keep you from hearing the bill collectors, then maybe you need to pay your bills. If watching the rox help you mute your kids because they're cussing you out, then maybe you need to whip their ass. Just get over the T-Mac let me down syndrome and do something with your life. The guy makes 21 m a year, you think he cares about you? You think any of those players care about you? They don't.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Classic!

(kids, SHUT THE **** UP!!! ;) )

10. Crudder

Crudder Member

Battier is one to talk... he has been one of the most inconsistent players on this team this year and he has one good shooting night, and everything is all dandy...like some posters said, lets focus on the team that is on the floor now but lets not sugarcoat the inconsistencies of the season.

11. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

Oops, poor logic.
    Do you mean millionaires should not be criticized in any situation?

12. ikfit

ikfit Member

Last year, when Tmac came back to play, our team at the win break and Tmac play in the team. This means RA handle the ball, Tmac run arround and do more catch and shoot. If Tmac still play in his won way, RA take the ball and then handed it to Tmac and then everyone wait... In this way, no matter "Tmac" Tmac or "un-Tmac" Tmac, we best is like Olando and Tmac be great scorer but team lose.
    Everyone know it and Tmac know it too.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The comment was interesting because we haven't heard anything from him all year. Yes, he hasn't played well until last night. Maybe he's working through his injury and actually getting better. This isn't a knocking Tmac, I'm just suprised that Shane is actually speaking on the topic, I thought he was scared to death or to political to say anything. It looked like he was hiding behind Ron and Rafer.

Leebigez... you write like you work for Standford Financial, where is the following coming from and what does it have to do with this post??? "If you work at a crappy job and use the rox as a escape, then maybe you need to find a better job. If watching the rox keep you from hearing the bill collectors, then maybe you need to pay your bills. If watching the rox help you mute your kids because they're cussing you out, then maybe you need to whip their ass. Just get over the T-Mac let me down syndrome and do something with your life. The guy makes 21 m a year, you think he cares about you? You think any of those players care about you? They don't."

Where is t