1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

instead of lingerie: a serious survey

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vwiggin, Feb 7, 2007.

1. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Hi guys,

I'm doing research for an a little blog article about whether lingerie is a waste of money. I want to know:

1. Do guys care THAT much about lingerie? Does it really add that much to the excitement?

2. If you do value lingerie, can you tell between something expensive and something cheap purchased at Target? Do you care?

3. The most fun/important question: Would you consider it even more fun if your partner covered herself up with interesting everyday items? (Whip cream bikini comes to mind.) What would be your suggestions?

There's no limits on suggestions for #3, except I guess it should be something cheaper than lingerie.

Help! And some pictures wouldn't hurt either!

P.S. Unless otherwise noted, I will credit your contribution using your clutchfans login name. If you want a different name or don't want to be quoted at all, let me know in advance. :)

#1 vwiggin, Feb 7, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

1. Do guys care THAT much about lingerie? Does it really add that much to the excitement?
    Well, I can't speak for ALL guys but I can speak for myself and lingerie is important to me. My wife has the hourglass figure and depending on what she has on, it can add a lot of excitement as certain features of hers are accentuated, if you know what I mean.

2. If you do value lingerie, can you tell between something expensive and something cheap purchased at Target? Do you care?

Probably. Stuff from Frederick's of Hollywood and Victoria's Secret is the way go. Usually, Frederick's will run a special on price but I have not had the same luck with VS.

3. The most fun question: Would you consider it even more fun if your partner covered herself up with interesting everyday items? (Whip cream bikini comes to mind.) What would be your suggestions?

Why yes, of course! Have done some stuff like that already and I am going to keep that stuff to myself. :p :eek: :D

P.S. Unless otherwise noted, I will credit your contribution using your clutchfans login name. If you want a different name or don't want to be quoted at all, let me know in advance.

You can quote me but say it is from "Fernandez" instead of Manny Ramirez (very few people here will get that but there ARE people here who will get it). :D

3. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

lingerie sucks. I don't like it at all. Waste of money IMO. I could probably tell if it was cheap ****.

Everyday items are cool.
    a:whip cream
    b:chocolate body frosting
    c:carmel
    d:fudge syrup
    e:a little butter, cinnamon, and sugar
    f:peanut butter

Damn, i'm gettin hot right now :eek: :D :p

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Let us decide by posting some pics. ;)

5. vwiggin

Great answers guys! Manny and Prada have some pretty exciting lives, methinks. :cool:

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

peanut butter? the thought of that actually makes me a bit queasy...

it'd be impossible to get that **** off.

whatever makes you hot i supppppose.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Thats the point! keep a lickin till its gone ;)

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

lingerie is...awesome. my girlfriend usually makes whatever she wears look great, but the kicker is her boobs are huge for her size. most lingerie shows this off even more so uh, yeah.

I'm sure I could, if I actually tried -- it's usually in the material but truth be told, it doesn't really matter. I mean if you go cheap it's nice to throw something expensive in on occassion. as long as it's lacey I don't care :p

3. The most fun/important question: Would you consider it even more fun if your partner covered herself up with interesting everyday items? (Whip cream bikini comes to mind.) What would be your suggestions?

tried whip cream, it's tons of fun. I have heard things about edible undies, haven't actually tried any out yet. I'll let you know ;)

would I consider it MORE fun? I'd say they're on the same level, they're just different ways of fun. lingerie is fun for the eyes, whipped cream and such is fun for your tongue.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

peanut butter? that's one step away from scat play :eek:

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I could careless whether it's something from target etc. If it's lace/sheer....watch out! [​IMG]

11. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Lingerie is a must.

C'mon now.. Victoria's Secret.. commercials.. those commercials.. yeah..

That light skinned black girl.. Victoria's Secret commercial.. those commercials.. oh yeah..

12. vwiggin

I want to petition to make that smilie a regular here! :D

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

only on very rare occasions do I see any point to lingerie.

I think its more important for the woman, makes her feel better about the way she appears.

but, to me, its just one more thing getting in the way of the real action :D

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Fascinating topic, vwiggin.

I was fortunate enough to have been an ardent participant in the hippie era of the '60's and '70's. (although the early '70's was the true end... after that, it morphed into something else) It was when fashion allowed women to go without a bra, and to wear the thinnest material they wished. Something, thank god, that was very popular among those I hung out with, as well as those in the passing parade. That state of dress, or near undress, if you will, remains my favorite style. Lingerie didn't enter into it. Getting nude at the slightest excuse was the order of the day.

Being married now for some decades, lingerie is very much as part of my wife's wardrobe, although I love it when she makes a brief return to the old days. I can say, from much research, very intimate and thorough, that expensive lingerie is clearly superior, if it is of true high quality. You can tell the difference. A breast well cupped, fitted perfectly, presents itself in a fashion most warmly received. The female body, artfully covered in a minimalist style, is surely the next best thing to the nude form entire.

A Hostess Twinkie, or cream filled cupcake, with a little imagination, can be fun, with the added pleasure of having dessert with your dessert, if you'll pardon the weak jest.

I could go on at length, but it's getting late. Our long weekend without the kids starts in the morning and I need to get some sleep soon.

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Well, this topic came up just in time for you... a weekend without the kids!

Deckard, did you used to write for Playboy, Penthouse, Screw or Vogue?

16. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, I love the look - but it's hard to care THAT much about something that spends more time on the floor than on your lady. It's like.. nice wrapping paper for a gift? To be honest, I'd much rather get her a bikini, at least that can be paraded around in public :p

No and no. I'm a Neanderthal, so sue me.

Why is everyone going with food? Try Saran Wrap or body paint :eek:

17. Hmm

Hmm Member

So, if you don't mix food or dessert condiments/toppings with sex or don't think much of lingerie as a sexual enhancer... you DON'T have an exciting life?

This is like the believing in a pre-conceived notion of fun and how there's only a certain way to experience it..

And, with that.. I've answered both questions.

18. vwiggin

I know what you mean. Deckard is totally turning me on right now. :eek:

Body paint is a great idea! I have a personal fear of saran wrap + bed. I keep thinking I'm going to suffocate in my sleep. :(

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Mmmmkay...I'll play! :D

1. Yes and YESSSSSSSSSSS!
    2. Yes I can and yes I do. It's in the lace, the quality of the fabric, and how it's made, just like any other item of clothing. Same thing with men's suits, to me anyway.
    3. Been there, done that! :eek:
    You ought to give baby oil wrestling a try!! :cool: :eek: ;) :D

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

You.. dirty.. old.. man... :p