1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Instagram Stories] PJ and Harden practicing (loyalty)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Dec 11, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It was interesting to hear how Wall/Silas talked in the post-game interviews, the vibe was very much as if Harden didn't exist, didn't seem as if they have any expectations of him joining the team, which is a little odd considering he's supposedly going to quarantine protocol to re-join the team.

bj3175 and DaDakota like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I didn't get that vibe at all.

The theme sounded like, give it a chance, this team is good and we're having fun.

But it's your choice and FO.

Fulgore, joshuaao, bj3175 and 8 others like this.
  3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Might not be the best sign... russ was decked out in rockets gear, singing and dancing in his car, a couple days before he got traded lol

D-rock, randerson, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

For the past season and a half I've been posting that although I love PJ, love only goes so far in a salary cap and 8 man rotation. I'd love to find a way to put him in a good NBA retirement home and get another journeyman or pick back for the Rockets.

This will be Tuckers age 35 season. That was Shane Battiers last one.

Ron Artest played a stint overseas at age 35 while declining and then doing a farewell tour for a season and a half.

Trevor Ariza is also entering his age 35 season and everyone here wrote him off in 2019.

There is precedence for players of this age, role and stats. If you were underwriting a commercial property, this is the year you'd sell.

I have goodwill towards Tucker so I won't br upset if we extend him, but im not pushing for it. I'd rather slide a Tate or a Nwaba or someone sparkier into the rotation this year. Roll every dice and go for it.

#224 napalm06, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Great!, Let's not give these fools anymore attention. Why would you go back to a coach and GM (pres) where you didn't win **** for years?! Now you have a new team with new personnel, coach? Then you say you wanna go to a place where you can win a championship? This is all a lie. Is it about Tillman and Trump? BLM? Money? All bullsh!t. Tell the truth b****!

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

There is no ****ING hate, it is just business all you drama mamas saying hate this hate that, are just fanning flames of **** in your own heads, grow the **** up.

No one hates any player.

DD

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes I wonder whether I'm listening to the same interviews that you guys are listening too. I had a totally different interpretation from those interviews. It sounded to me like they are very excited about the team, but know they need James Harden to be legitimate contenders, so they are hoping that how they played yesterday (and will play tomorrow) will sale James on the idea of staying along. They also seem to be making the best out of the situation and know that regardless of those issues, they have to play with the group they have now and hope the James/Tucker **** gets resolved soon.

I mean, maybe I'm just terrible at listening and interpreting interviews.

D-rock, Patience and Reeko like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh shut up. you've been crying for days about him and even made your own thread. talking about there's no hate. look at the tone of your posts regarding pj and its been continuous. sure looks like there's plenty of hate especially when you don't shut up and you post over and over and over and over about it

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh?

not sure how somebody comes to the conclusion that they’re acting like Harden doesn’t exist...it’s pretty obvious they’re expecting him back and hoping he’ll have faith that the roster can do big things

D-rock, bballjunkie and Patience like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah, u are correct...it’s pretty obvious the bolded is what is going on

How u can hear what was being said yesterday and think they’re acting like Harden doesn’t exist or they have no expectation of him joining the team I truly have no clue.

D-rock likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup every single thing they said were references to the guys that weren't there. obviously no secret who those were

https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/1337609403009282054

sirjesse, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I hope Harden changes his mind - but I personally think PJ's time in Houston is pretty much done, we have bigger taller more skilled players at his position.....and he is a 36 year old situational role player on a 10m expiring contract, someone you can FLIP to get a better fitting piece like a backup PG for instance.

DD

ashleyem and Xopher like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

This post looks and sounds pretty hateful.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm just thankful for PJ's sake that you are wrong 99.99999999999999999% of the time.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good thing Harden got that block on Dort in game 7. Without that he had a no show game in game 7. He needs to convince his teammates that he can show up in reality lol.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn’t he responsible for our last 15 points in that game too?

clos4life likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has done that a lot. People only like the narrative because he hasn't got a title

Patience likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not really. I mean he's hit huge game winning 3's against GS Warriors during the season where Rockets have won. He just needs to have those moments in late round playoff series.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

I got that but I also got “hey guys we did pretty good tonight without you but would be SO MUCH BETTER with you”

~ of course the choice is theirs and that kinda goes without saying
    ~ I know it was the Bulls and they are crap but HOU had 3 starters out and still won convincingly

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Was kidding on it being a "mistake". Oh yeah, the engagement is incredibly high. Offseason & off-court is like its own mini series now. Like the Ball family is internet famous before even making the NBA.

I'm really saying, the actual player personalities up close are disappointing. Or maybe its just Harden I'm disappointed with, Tucker by connection