1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inside the NBA: what's wrong with these guys?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, May 25, 2018.

1. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Like I said before, Kenny Smith is the Django version of Samuel L Jackson (Stephen) of an ex-Rocket. Uncle Tom of an ex-Rocket.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I hate that Beadle chick too. It's funny to see her and Greensburg eat their words..

D-rock, lw17 and seclusion like this.
  3. rocketsmetalspd

Watching them go over the game highlights was WTF! Time. Go check out how Kenny still fawns over the Warriors too damn funny. H-Town Crazy!! Go Rockets! I hope we don't see that crew come back on Monday! Yea!!

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yeah I've disowned Kenny lol. Always about thicccc Mario Elie.

Elie#17 likes this.
  5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Its like yall aren't used to this by now. Barkley said Yao Ming would never score more than 15 points and literally kissed a donkey's ass on TV. Just take it as entertainment regardless of what they say and move on. These commentators are contractually obligated to say things to piss you off. "All publicity is good publicity." Even though yall dont like them you still watch them. That's all that matters to TNT.

#45 BasketballMind, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Cannot see Kenny being excited the Rockets are Anywhere near replacing his “clutch” city claim to fame.

Additionally I know it has to hurt seeing Hakeem pretty much apart of the team, traveling, training and just being a much needed mentor.

7. rocketseagles07

Shaqs been rooting for the rockets the entire series... as for Kenny? Don’t know and don’t care

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I like it that their bias shows. Lol the beginning was like it was a funeral...didnt watched the rest

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are paid to say controversial things, not rational thing. What on earth do you people think they would have jobs if they didn't have strong wild opinions? Of course they are wrong - they flip what they say one game to the next - INTENTIONALLY.

You guys are fools to worry so much and hang on every word. They are playing you.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Well...I think you might be onto something here. Charles kept saying he wanted to call his bookie before they fixed the score (they initially showed the score as Golden State winning). He also repeated it several times, I think he actually does have money on Golden State.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I guess I'm oblivious. I know why people are annoyed with Chuck but I didn't hear anything super inflammatory from Kenny. I can also see why people are annoyed with Shaq, though he's definitely less biased than Chuck.

Why is everyone so upset with Kenny?

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Beadle is stupid AF and very much a Spurs fangirl from what I can tell. She takes shots at the Rockets any chance she can get, no matter how dumb she sounds.

saleem and lw17 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun care about his comments but others say he never gave the Rox much chance in this series.....well, that's just his opinion, right?

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

*shrug* I guess I stopped taking them seriously awhile back and just watch them to see what dumb crap they're going to say.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't watch the half time and post game shows.

The in-game commentaries annoy me to no end. Reggie Miller openly roots for the Warriors.

D-rock and juanm34 like this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

It's clear as day the media doesn't really care for the Houston Rockets. Maybe its because they'd rather spend the finals reporting from GS instead of Houston, or their obsession with Steph & KD. But either way they didn't want this series to be in Houston's favor. My assumption is Barkley figured we'd get our azzes handed to us against GS, but picked us to win publicly so he'd come off unbias when he destroys us for getting swept. If we'd of got swept or maybe beat 4-1, he'd probably be bringing up his hatred for analytics (again), taking shots at Daryl Morey, MDA & the whole organization. But since we're winning the jokes on him. They were prepared to thrash us

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

They watch Hulu instead of the game

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the thing is though ... we own the Cavs. And we are so much better than the Cavs. Even if CP3 were out for the finals (God forbid), the rockets would still win the series.

I really think it's crazy to compare Boston or Cleveland to Houston or Golden State. There is a enormous gap between those teams. I get that Lebron is the greatest ever, but Houston can beat Cleveland ...even without Paul.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Wasn't it Kenny who couldn't be bothered to show up to the championship anniversary celebration a couple of years ago? Sent in a video like he's some A-lister who's on location and can't be there to accept an award? I don't know.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t pay attention to them. All you hear is:
    “you can’t”
    “You won’t”
    “You have to change”

3-2 Baby

Invisible Fan and D-rock like this.