1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inside the NBA gets posterized

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Dec. 20. Chris Paul goes down with a hamstring injury. Ernie Johnson asks the Inside the NBA crew to predict the Rockets' next 5 games.

Johnson: Saturday at home against the Spurs. Tuesday at home against the Thunder. Thursday at home against the Celtics. ... Saturday at New Orleans, and Monday against Memphis.
    Reggie Miller: 3 and 2. That's best-case scenario. Best-case scenario.
    Charles Barkley: I think 2 and 3 is their best-case scenario.
    Johnson: They are 0 and 5 this season when he [CP] doesn't play.
    Kenny Smith: I say they're 1 and 4.

Actual result: 5-0.

Like I've said: Anyone with a real job who performs at this level gets fired.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

To be fair it has literally taken a historical performance from Harden to get where we are.
    With that being said it always seems like Kenny can’t wait to **** on the Rockets. I just can’t take that panels “analysis” seriously.
    Candace Parker is a major upgrade over Kenny for many reasons

#2 Blurr#7, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly ever since we turned down Kenny for the head coaching position, he has never spoke positively about the Rockets again.

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

MVP being MVP!

5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Full respect if they ever come back around and say how wrong they were otherwise GTFO

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I only listen to “Inside the NBA” with the volume OFF!!

They make more sense that way....:cool:

(P.S.) Happy New year 2019’ !!!!

#6 BamBam, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  7. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

You guys realize that Spurs, Celtics, and Thunder were all doing really well when they played us right? I myself would have laughed at the thought of 5-0 and would probably have gone with 3-2 or 2-3. But that's why we watch sports, you never really know what is gonna happen until you go out there and play it out.

Their predictions speak more to the strength of the schedule and in all honesty, this should make all of us appreciate even more what the Rockets and Harden have accomplished these past 5 games w/o CP3.

Now I'm not saying these guys right all the time or that they don't sh** on the Rox, bcuz they do, but in this case I'm more concerned with the incredible performance the Rockets have put in the last few games.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The last five games haven't been much different than before Chris Paul arrived. Harden simply produces wins regardless of the roster.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kenny Smith continues to disappoint the city of Houston and surrounding areas.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Say mang, f-ck Inside the NBA and thier trash as analysis. They should NEVER get the benefit of the doubt! Look how giddy Reggie is. Kenny falling all over himself to give the worst record possible. Rockets should file an anullment and take all of Kenny's rings.

This whole video is just code for I don't trust James Harden The reinging mvp.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean, in all honesty I would have been real happy with 2 wins at the time. At the time we looked horrendous when we had injuries. We also blew a what, 17 point lead on the Heat?

But hey, glad I was wrong! And yes, those guys are fickle.

Next concern? Next 4 games. @GS, @POR, Denver and Milwaukee. First two games, those teams wanna give us a beating and take advantage of no CP3. And Denver and Milwaukee are solid. I again would be happy with a split 2-2, but hope I’m wrong yet again.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i would be happy even with 0-4 just if we are playing smart, with urgency and effort

on the other hand whats the use of winning all four of them if we become complacent afterwards and go back to bad habits leading to losing streaks losing to Clevelands and Atlantas of the world

the only way is to take one game at the time and play to win the best you can regardless of the opponent particularly because Harden demonstrated in Houston that he doesn't always handle winning in the most appropriate way

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I usually bet against those clowns plus Shaq. I’m killing it as a result.

14. zigzag

zigzag Member

As a biased fan I would think Houston go 2-3 at best. And I still think rockets will go 1-3 in next four.
    Can't blame them.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Houston Rockets record in "Post Game Shows" is awful. They lose every one.

ApacheWarrior and Will like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Man- that TNT crew is a circus. KS is a fraud built on Hakeem's greatness!

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

This shows how great Harden is. To their defense, no one in this league, no one could pull off what Harden did in the last 5 games. Not only did we get the wins, 2 to 3 of those were blown outs and 4 out 5 we lead in the most of the game. Put any of those guys, LeBron, Steph, Durant, Greek, any of them on this current Rockets team, and tell them not only do you need to score 40+ points, but also help D.House, CC, Green get theirs and win, do it 5 times in a row
    . In today’s NBA a team with only one true superstar is no more than a lottery team. It’s not just the numbers by Harden in those 5 games, it’s how he and the team is doing this consistently, truly a great job by everybody including the coaching staff.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

1-4 was my gut feeling, 3-2 was a best case scenario. The Rockets have shattered expectations.

19. Buck Turgidson

Meteorologist?

Game7, Artie_Fufkin and CK Johnson like this.
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I stopped watching those idiots years ago

Tfor3 likes this.