1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Inside Rockets Source] Eric Gordon's Back Issues

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OrangeRowdy95, Jul 9, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sounds like you are drawing conclusions and trying to convince yourself to keep calm. I'm not worried at all, just stating the truth. I'm thrilled with Gordon so

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

Let's hope he's finally turned a corner and can give us an injury free season

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

His body parts just need to get on the same page

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Please do not say the words turn the corner. That didnt do us any good last year?

5. hvic

hvic Member

If you have back pain come to the Rockets

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm here!

Lol seriously though, back pain is bull**** and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Not even Derek fisher.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

everytime someone posts insider information, its virtually guaranteed the next few posts are going to be questioning who he is. Even guys like Doc Rocket, cyberex whose legitimacy has been confirmed by Clutch himself. I dont understand the mentality.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Not sure why anyone is that surprised - he's had back issues before, and core/back issues can lead to poor mechanics in other joints as well - all of which have plagued Eric Gordon's career. This is useful to temper our expectations (which may already be lowish) on how much impact Gordon can have.

9. Nook

Nook Member

This has been known for awhile.

There are concerns about Gordon, there are some people that believe his body is just flawed, and not made for an 80 game season.

However, that is the reason he is not a max player.

He is one of the 2-3 best all around shooters in the NBA.

He also has spent the last 4 years in an organization that he never wanted to play for. He also has not had an opportunity to play the style of play he is suited for.

The upside for the Rockets is very high.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

This is why I hated the length of the contract. That said, I still like his game and hope for the best. Hopefully already having a star shooting guard and other reasonably competent veteran backcourt mates will keep the pressure off Gordon and allow him to be, more or less, a rich man's Jamal Crawford rather than a true offensive workhorse who plays huge minutes.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in the press conf morey said they view EG as the perfect compliment to harden, which made me think they already have him pegged as a starter

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good!

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The knee, shoulder, wrist, groin, hamstring, finger, and random body part injuries worry me more.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Some of those are a function of poor core/back strength. See T-Mac's late career.

15. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

And that's fine, assuming there's a defensive gameplan. You can make a guy a starter without playing him 35 minutes a game or focusing the offense on him.

16. hvic

hvic Member

It is important for players to continue conditioning their body even in the summer time to get them ready for the long season. All the muscles are connected together so when you start having back pain you will compensate by putting more pressure on your hip and even on your lower extremity as your knee or ankle. Get it fixed before it even gets worst.

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, now Draymond knows where to place an elbow.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If you sprain your ankle landing on someone, then have 1 or 2 flare ups during the season and finally fix it...then that technically was reoccuring, but no longer an issue.

My guess is Morey was thinking that some of the injuries might have had flare ups but as of now they're healed or rehabbed...which is why he corrected himself in that quote

Also, Gordon can be a pretty physical player, in that he drives into defenses looking for contact...have to take that into consideration with some of these smaller injuries he's had...really, if someone is a NO fan and can remember how they all or most happened, that'll provide some much needed context.