1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inside Morey's Mind

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Illmatic, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

The Ariza trade if it goes down, has to be the biggest splash from Morey this summer.
    He got someone who has a chip on his shoulder and who wants to prove Kobe and Phil Jackson wrong. Remember Ariza scored 13 points in the 3rd quarter alone of a pivotal game 4 finals game, and yet the Lakers chose Odom instead of him because Odom wanted less money and then used the money they saved to pluck Artest. I still think Morey can work some kind of sign and trade, so both teams get what they want. Kobe is no longer chasing Jordan, Kobe is trying to beat Kobe now, and Ariza is trying to beat Kobe too a.k.a Mr Young Kobe trying to beat Jordan. Lets see how it plays out.

Lebron won't win with Shaq, matter of fact, Lebron is kinda mad that Ferry brought in Shaq. That means if Lebron does win a title now, it will always be attributed to Shaq, kinda like Kobe and Wade. Ariza is just another important piece to attracting Lebron to come to Houston.

I'm thinking Morey is going to get a player from Cleveland, just someone that no one ever hears about or someone we think is over the hill. Just another reason for Lebron to come to Houston. Tracy McGrady might still be on our roster when the season starts. But its not for lack of trying on Morey's part, he just wants fair value,, but no one believes McGrady has any fair value. If you doubt me, look at the packages that New York and Detroit proposed. We might be able to trade T-Mac for Lebron sometime during the season. Once everyone sees the Lebron and Shaq show just won't work, and that Lebron is ready to bolt, Cleveland will be ready to look at the offers on the table

I won't say in Morey I trust, but I trust smart plays and smart players. And Morey has been making smart moves lately.

Also, Aaron Brooks is not a starting pg on a championship team. If he stays, then Lowry should start, Keyword is if he stays. Expect new faces in the lineup when the season starts, either new faces or snubbed veterans with a big chip on their shoulder

1 person likes this.
  2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

See bolded sentence. I'm done reading.

3. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

In Morey I Trust!
    I still believe in this!
    Even we wouldn't make it next season,I have no doubt on what Morey is doing now.Since yao is hurt,I guess Morey has a big plan in 2010.

4. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

It is free to dream. :D

5. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

You watch the game on tv, but you fail the see the underlying mind game that gives you what you see in tv. Ariza is just a valuable spare part, we are after bigger fish. And when it happens, I will be a gentleman and I won't ask you to eat crow

6. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

we need winners, either collegiate level or d-league or dunk contests around ariza. keep tmac away from him, also keep yao away until he is "fully" healed.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If Tracy McGrady is traded for Lebron James during the season (or any package that involves T-Mac going out and Lebron coming in during this next season), I will donate $250 to the tip jar.....IF you donate $25 to the tip jar if it doesn't happen.

8. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Nice to know you read minds.

9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

And Orlando, disappointed with their 2nd position in the Eastern Conference, will begin to shed their superstar talent by trading Dwight Howard to the Rockets for Chuck Hayes.

At the same time, New Orleans will make a genius cost-cutting move that will send Chris Paul to Houston for young talented Kyle Lowry.

10. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

I will donate my entire salary to the tip jar if this happens. Oh wait...I don't work. Well I will donate my entire % of my dad's salary that I blow every year.

11. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Haaaaaaa clownin

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

What in the WORLD are you talking about????
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

this thread...LOL

14. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

And we Portland, looking for some veteran experience, will trade us Brandon Roy for Shane Battier

Chris Paul
    Brandon Roy
    Lebron James
    Scola
    Dwight Howard

CHAMPIONSHIP

15. jae713

jae713 Member

What makes you think Lebron is mad with having shaq on the team. If he wanted to do it all himself he wouldn't be calling Ariza to go out to Cleveland and help hijm win. Your assumptions are way off. :rolleyes:

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So is his grip on reality.

Tracy for LeBron. haha good one.

17. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Ariza is the rockets future, but he needs one or two more pieces to make us a contender. One is Lebron, the other is Dwight. Or we can get Emeka Okafor, Frye, Wallace (after he is bought out). If Ariza is our future, he needs a physical punisher. We need Ariza to run point, we now need another good wing (could even be James White) or someone like Lebron or Marvin Williams or Lamar, someone with excellent ball handles. But a good wing. Or an athletic physical big man- Dwight Howard, Ben Wallace, Emeka Okafor Frye, or a bigger imposing version of Dorsey.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Seriously, I mean honestly...SHEESH !

;)

DD

19. logicx

logicx Member

Well said.

It's Morey-Mania!

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

WOW!!!! The only reason I kept reading is to see who was showing up to the roast :D