1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

INJURY: Kobe Bryant tears his Achilles!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dmenacela, Apr 13, 2013.

1. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

My friend (23) in the best shape of anyone I've ever known, tore his achilles. True, he could run around at 6 months, but definitely could not make cuts or explode off of it. Now, a year in and he's still not quite there... but admits a lot of it is in his head too.

1 person likes this.
  2. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Even PJAX didnt take kobe out like that. Pop is the only coach i would see forcing him to get off the court. As if Kobe can't realize that hes tired or hurt and needs to sit? It's both of their faults, but majority falls on Kobe for trying to be some superhuman.

3. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Welcome DH12!!!

gosh I feel horrible saying this, kinda not. really?

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah, everyone is different -- I just think Kobe will recover quickly -- think about his magic knee juice...

5. lean

lean Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s46MZmOmBT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why would Dwight want to stay in that cap hell, old roster, situation now?

7. nbafever

nbafever Member

That's always the risk of playing so many minutes.

We'll see how Dwight and Pau do carrying the Lakers.

8. clippy

clippy Member

At 16s, where's the foul exactly?

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Kobe were hurting badly twice in the game and dantoni let him continue to play despite that. That's just crazy. It was completely avoidable.

10. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

I am not sad in any way for the Lakers or Kobe Bryant.

He is my least favorite basketball player of all time.

He can take his torn Achilles to retirement.

1 person likes this.
  11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

i think its curtains

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Here is the pivotal clarification: Kobe's torn Achilles' tendon is expected to be a COMPLETE tear.</p>&mdash; KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/322953985432625153">April 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sad day for basketball fans worldwide

12. clippy

clippy Member

I don't know anything about Kobe personally except that he comes across as a prick and it sounded like they had a lot of evidence that he raped that girl. However, I can say that his fans are by far the most annoying people on the Internet and the fact that they are all crying right now makes me beam with joy.

13. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I have to agree with my fellow Longhorn fan. This is not the first star player that D Antoni has overused, run into the ground and left debilitated in his wake. He did the same thing to Amare in NYC.

I am certain that Kobe was insisting on being left in the game, but no other coach he has had would have allowed him to play this many minutes over this many games.

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hs9esdFRlS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I agree completely

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely a spike in minutes on the floor can muck up a tendon and help it tear. That's why you are suppose to build up to it.

I think Kobe will be back next season.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Dwight would be nutz to stay in L.A. after this even if they do sneak into the playoffs.

18. clippy

clippy Member

Why? I think this is an awesome situation for Dwight. The team will be very good and he'll be the focal point, like he wanted. The old-guard contracts will be gone in a couple of years and the Lakers can rebuild with the best free agents as they always do, maybe even early if they can somehow amnesty Kobe. Dwight makes the most money in LA and gets endorsements to boot.

19. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I feel bad for the guy. Hate him or love him but you cant deny the heart he showed when he was willing the Lakers to the 8th seed.

On the Dwight probability, I donno if I still want the guy after this season. Ive watched him play almost as much as I have seen the Rockets and he has no heart at all and doesnt look like he gives a **** at all. Is he an improvement over Asik? Sure, on offense but defensively speaking I thought Dwight sucked this season because he sinks at helping others when Kobe blows his assignment.

20. clippy

clippy Member

Dwight looks bad because he's not 100% and the Lakers have the worst perimeter defenders in the league, so he's always out of position trying to cover for them. But there is no question he is the most impactful defensive player in the NBA and one of the few guys who can anchor a defense almost by himself (almost.. as you can see by this year's Lakers).