1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injury exception?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sofine81, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Can the Rockets get an injury exception to replace Yao?

In the past I think the Rockets got $2.875 million injury exception a few years ago.

If given an injury exception who can they get, it could be someone decent if we can get that same $2.875 million?

Thoughts?

Also if already started just merge it up or something.

2. rocketsmetalspd

That is what I am been trying to get answered in other threads. I hope they are allowed to.

3. bucket

bucket Member

No.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

This exception allows a team which is over the cap to acquire a replacement for a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (if the player is disabled between July 1 and November 30) or the following season (if the player is disabled after November 30).

The exception is for players who miss an entire season. We're not eligible for it.

4. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

See I wasnt going to set down and read 120 pages to find out for sure.

I figured I would start a thread and get an answer.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Did Daryl Morey say that Yao will be put on the playoff roster just in case we go deep in the playoffs?

Or is the recovery time even longer then the duration of the scheduled playoffs?

6. bucket

bucket Member

^Yao's likely recovery time is 4 months, so he's really not at all likely to be able to play in the playoffs.

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Now that would be something. But would he even be useful after 4 months of sitting with no cardio?

8. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Yao needs to drink more milk.