1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inflation at its highest in 40 years…

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure how you get I am taking it personally.

Anyway, EV's are part of rental fleets because usually when you rent a car it's for local driving. This is why they offer unlimited miles, because people rarely take advantage of that.

What EV's should be used for and what people actually use them for are two different things. But the target market for EV's is for people who already have a primary car and are looking for a commuter car. They are sold to people with higher net worths who use them for commuting to work. The infrastructure and technology isn't really there yet to be a primary car...yet.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not what the target market is at all nobody is paying 50,000 plus for a second commuter vehicle.

EV vehicles are currently being marketed for primary vehicle use if they were just going for secondary vehicles how would they have the growth they expect?

Only 33% of people currently own 2nd vehicles in the US.

3. Major

Major Member

Keep in mind there's a wide range of EV's. Top level Teslas can make it across large swaths of the country pretty easily with their charging station network. On the other hand, Nissan Leafs have a range of like 50 miles and are exclusively for local commuters.

Nook and tinman like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

How do you know that isn't the target market? 80% of the people who buy an EV already have a gas powered car.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I know it's not the target market because that 2nd car market cannot sustain the numbers that Car makers will need to mass-produce and bring prices down.

I have no idea why you are even arguing this, do you actually think Tesla and others are creating 1000'000 plus vehicles for 2nd cars?

Do you think all of the EV trucks are going to be commuter vehicles?

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Look at EV ads, they all have cities and even office campuses as the backdrop.

EV trucks aren't even targeted to consumers. It's all fleet sales for the most part.

EV's won't be targeted as primary vehicles until they really solve the charging issues. Fast charging helps but many consumers will remain reluctant. EV's are still in the early adopter stage for the most part. It's growing for sure, but it's nothing right now. That will be a different story in 5 years.

#726 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

Ok, you are not even trying to make sense now.

Do you really think everybody on this list is looking to buy for a fleet?

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/12/09...ctric-pickup-3-year-wait-200000-reservations/

Do you really think any car manufacturers are developing any new vehicles only for fleet sales?

So all the other EV truck makers are only going for fleet sales?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think people work less or even less efficiently from home.
    I am not buying that at all.

I think middle management have a hard time justifying their supervisory position when the workforce is at home.
    I think companies have a hard time justifying 2000 sq ft high rise real estate when people not there but working for home

Alot of business . . .is micro businesses inside .. . . .
    Without physical workers in place . .. some of the internal business will die out
    and the people running those parts of the business don't want that

Long Story short . .. there are people with a STRONG INTEREST to make work from home appear poor and bad
    =====
    A for inflation . .. . I believe there is some inflation
    BUT IF
    Company A: Revenue 2 million dollars - Costs 1 million dollars = Profit 1 million dollars

INFLATION ALONE
    Company A: Revenue 2 million dollars - Costs 1.5 million dollars = Profit .5 million dollars

COUNTERACT INFLATION
    Company A: Revenue 2.5 (raises prices) million dollars - Costs 1.5 million dollars = Profit .5 million dollars

COUNTERACT INFLATION + F**KING GREED
    Company A: Revenue 4.5 (raises prices) million dollars - Costs 1.5 million dollars = Profit 3 million dollars (RECORD HIGH)

Rocket River

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. Putin's price hike

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't know what you want - 80% of ev trucks in 2021 were to fleets, not consumers. It's like you are trying to argue against what the facts are. Of course they want to sell to consumers down the road - but CURRENTLY, its fleets that is their TARGET.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am gonna need the link for that stat and none of the big 3 Ev trucks are even being sold yet and none of them can sustain only with fleet sales.

I tried to find this stat but I think you pulled that from your ass.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I own stock in EV companies and so I do my homework before I buy a stock. You don't have to believe me, it really isn't my job to prove to you I am not pulling it out of my ass. You are welcome to believe that.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So know you think just because you bought stock you have more info than I do, and what does that have to do with the actual debate.

Are you actually trying to say that the big 3 are developing these vehicles mainly for fleet sales?

How do you think they are maximizing profits for these vehicles by selling to fleets especially when those trucks are the trucks that don't have the greatest profit margins?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Space Ghost, Sajan, Roc Paint and 2 others like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard non contributing members just go on Clutchfans all day cause they just want to read what 99ers say

Space Ghost likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks Putin

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Dude, honestly this get tiresome. I'll say this once and then let it go.

I don't think I know more than you do. Before I buy a stock, I research the industry - and for truck sales - most of the sales are to fleets yes. That will change with time, but right now the market isn't hungry for electric trucks. Fleet sales are a soft and easy way to start building market share - and justify production costs while you sell to early adopters. Think about where EV's have their advantage - it's not the highway. It's the opposite of gas cars - electric vehicles shine in stop and go and local traffic where gas powered gets the worst mileage. That's why local businesses are going to adopt it first over consumers who tend to drive longer distances, and also have the false perception that EV's will have less towing capacity. If I didn't think the future was bright, I wouldn't invest in these companies.

They aren't really making money right now, but it's an investment in the future. It's a strategic decision. It's definitely the future though, and eventually consumers will be the primary target for trucks, and eventually the market will shift and they will be the primary car.

If you disagree that's fine. I'm not trying to say I know more than you, just sharing what I learned. Then you tell me you don't have any fact and yet are saying I pull this out of my ass. Which is really annoying given you haven't even bothered to look into it really.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Biden shouldve fired Powell. Now he has to eat his and Yellen's ****ups.

Nook and Sajan like this.