1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Indrek Wichman: Michigan Professor tells Muslims, you don't like it here, leave...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Jun 28, 2012.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

IzakDavid, It seems that there's plenty of ignorance and misguided hatred coming from you about the fastest growing religion in the world. I am glad you've taken time to read the Quran, but perhaps you should take some time to understand it, and even moreso....

JESUS HIMSELF DENIED BEING GOD

LUKE 18:19 Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God

LUKE 2:52 Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men.

JOHN 8:42 I proceeded forth and came from God, neither came I of myself but he sent me.

GOD IS ALL KNOWING BUT JESUS WAS NOT

Matt 24:36 But of that day and hour no man know, not the angels which are in heaven, nor the son, but only the father. But God knows all, since Jesus does not know of the day of judgment he is not all-knowing and therefore not God
    Although Jesus performed miracles he admitted that his power was not his own

John 5:19 I can of mine own self do nothing

Matt 12:28 I case out devils by the spirit of God

Luke 22:43 An angel appeared to Jesus and strengthened him

The above is actually in excerpt from a website about why many Christians have converted to Islam.

Goodluck to you and your family, my friend.

Moe

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Izak,

As has been pointed out to you, I can go to answering-christianity.com, just as easily as you can go to answering-islam.com but I'm not really interested in "winning" this debate so much to ignore my principles - which is to look at both of those websites objectively and realize they are both a pretty horrendous sources of information.

On the other hand, you accept everything one of these websites says, and reject everything the other one says. Same methodology, same standards, same style. Why reject one and accept the other? Perhaps for you, spiritual faith is a sufficient excuse to deny a standard approach.

The Muslims on this board by now are trained in spotting the trademark arguments of those websites, which is why they all let out a collective chuckle when you claimed to have studied Islam and subsequently exposed your "education".

Finally, you decided to assume that I am probably a Muslim engaging in Taqiyya? Why? Did I threaten you? Did I not respect your beliefs in my response by distinguishing the Islamic Jesus from the Christian Jesus? Believe me, if that was the case, I would have far better things to say about Muhammad, and far worse things to say about Christians.

But I don't hate Christians, and I don't hate their ideology. So I'll leave you to your self-professed hatred of "Islamic ideology and Quranic teachings".

For most people, a simple examanation of your visibly low standards for accepting evidence which potentially slanders Islam/Muhammad/Quran vs. your high standards for accepting evidence promoting Islam (or potentially slandering Christianity) is enough to deduce that your arguments are a reaction to hatred, rather than your hatred being a reaction to valid arguments.

Don't waste your life using extremism to combat extremism. By your own beliefs, there is no exemption/excuse for Christian Extremism, just like there is no exemption/excuse for Muslims in Islamic Extremism.

Listen to Jesus, and God Bless you too.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Interesting wording. They are "trained"? Why would they be "trained" if not to "win" debates and defend their belief against the infidels?

He might have had a look at your posting history.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

You naturally assume that my education on Islam is from the answering-Islam site?

I have read the Quran, studied, and still in daily study, of the hadiths and other world religions...but choose to assume what you like.

Winning Internet arguments is the least of my worries at the moment. I have nothing but love and respect for the Muslim people, a majority of whom are oppressed, persecuted and dedicated in their love for God...but in my opinion, the Islamic religion is a distorted, errant retelling of Jewish scripture and blasphemous in regards to Christ, and the denial of his crucifixion & resurrection.

I also believe that the Islamic Allah & the Old Testament Yahweh are completely different deities.

But this is only my opinion.

As I have said on many occasions, I have nothing but love for my fellow man...even if I disagree with their beliefs and practices.

Fair enough?

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Izak, would you accept that if a person said these things, that they preach a peaceful message? That they are tolerant? That they are peaceful?

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Brother, I've never said those words. Read my previous post.

I dont judge someone, Just because I don't agree with someone's belief.

I don't ask someone...'are you a Muslim' before I hire them to work for me.

Martin Luther King once said something along the lines of 'Wanting to live in a land where a man is not judged on the colour of his skin, but on the content of his character.'

Jesus said ( paraphrasing) don't take the stick out of your brothers eye, when there is a log on your own.

I was just stating my opinion. I don't believe that I lied or told any untruths regarding Islam or Mohummad, but...
    If I offended anyone, I am truly sorry and I sincerely apologise.

May I ask, what nationality are you. You said in a post once that you were once stateless. I guess Kurdish.

For the record my mother is Assyrian, my father Dutch-Indonesian and my Wife and I both born and raised in Australia.

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

threads like this make me feel so blessed to be an atheist.