1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Independent commission on Trump cop killing terrorists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as long as the Democrats control the Presidency and both houses of Congress we have nothing to fear

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure I criticize people like Pelosi more than you.

3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

kind of a non sequitur, but okay

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

your comment was a non sequitur too dude

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The President was responsible for the Capitol Riots. Get that through your thick skull. He incited them. Deflect and minimize seems to be the Republican mantra. Looters on the side of Black Lives Matters were not carrying Democratic flags fighting for Democrats. They were just a bunch of thieves and thugs doing violent things. They did not represent Black Lives Matters either. You sound racist.

VooDooPope likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So I'm assuming the context of your sarcasm wasn't that you think I cheerlead the democrat's and where you are beating up a strawman that I believe as long as Democrats run the country, we are a-okay?

If it wasn't, I apologize. If my original assumption was right then I think you don't know what "non-sequitur" means.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Fear is exactly what drive mass surveillance. I’m sure when power is in control by one party, the other party fear of gov abuse in its surveillance power more than the fear of terrorists and other bad acts.

Remember that the Patriot acts was passed with only one nay in the Senate (a dem) and about 70 nays in the house (3 Rep and the rest were Dem). The most recent expanded use of mass surveillance was accomplished under Republican power.

I’m fully biased - I trust Dem more here. While Dem believe gov can help solve large societal issues, they don’t just give lip services to human rights, free speech, privacy, and other liberties like republicans and so called libertarian like Rand Paul. I certainly do not trust Trump republicans who have shown no respect for others, no shame and issue with lying, have a distorted view of reality, believe in conspiracies, shown not only a lack of support for basic human rights but a support for those that act against basic human rights and censures those within their party that have a different viewpoint. On the other hand, if Biden goes overboard with new surveillance, not only would republicans speak up, Dem and his voters would too.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member