1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Income] How much $ / year is your definition of "Rich"?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by UtilityPlayer, Jan 31, 2014.

1. SacTown

SacTown Member

Not really - I DID NOT live my life the proper way until about 3-4 years ago. I'm in my mid 30's now and I'm a bit unhappy with the way I lived my life in my 20's. Not so much the way I lived my life but the mindset I had regarding money/business. I'm a software developer and I spent my 20's writing code for large corporations and I made good money, but I partied all the time, overspent on cars, vacations, bought a house and a condo and basically made the same mistakes these guys in their 20s are making right now on this very bbs. I want to help them.

Now, my mindset has changed. I started my own company, do consulting on the side, make more money than I ever have, party less and try to impress people less, distanced myself from toxic friendships, learned to be more creative, etc... I wish I had known what I know now when I was in my 20s. You guys who get offended at what I'm saying don't realize I'm trying to be constructive. Sometimes I need to single people like Outlier out to make a point. I apoligize to Outlier if he takes that personally but it is not meant that way.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

This makes me happy to read. If you already have this, at your young age and you take some of my other advice you will be in damn good shape by the time you get to your 30s. At age 25 I had student loan debt, several car notes, and a house note. I could have probably easily retired at age 40 had I not been so financially irresponsible in my 20s.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

So, you'd say that your happiness level is darn near close to a 10, I take it?

4. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

Now? Well if you want to get into my happiness, then we'd need to talk about my wife, my health, my friends and social relationships and where I'm living as where I'm living has always had a huge impact on my happiness. I HATED living in Houston by the way but thats just my preference.

When I get preachy on here it's usually around the mindset of business/money but not really related to happiness. I want to help these guys in their 20s with business/money advice and then they can have the freedom to do what will make them happy.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

Wouldn't really have to talk about any of it. You sort that all out in your own mind, and I'll assume that everything that you deem necessary is factored in. I'm simply curious...you'd probably put your happiness level darn near close to a 10 right now, correct?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Disappointed that you didn't plug your coffee...

1 person likes this.
  8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Let's see here...

I have about 190k in student loan debt left...

I have about 650k in debt from one office and about 450k in debt from another office.

Im definitely rich, with debt.

9. SacTown

SacTown Member

On a scale of 1-10 I'd put it on about an 8 right now. There are a few things missing at the moment that would enable me to get to a 10. But, happiness is just an emotion and it changes daily and that's OK.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Sometimes I feel like you can't tell someone something, but that person must learn on their own. The whole hot stove example, you know?

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

You mean bulletproof coffee? You do know that the bulletproof exec podcast is the #1 ranked health and fitness podcast right now and Dave Asprey has a HUGE following due to his Bulletproof Coffee. It changes lives. I have no affiliation with it but you're a fool not to at least try it.