1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inbound Plays

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dookiester, Jan 29, 2014.

1. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

You should be ignored. At least his post made sense about running set plays to free up the inbound pass. Your response made no sense. Total troll.

2. Lihao

Lihao Member

Definitely coaching problem. What kinda play was that? Just two players running to the backcourt try to receive the pass while other 2 just standing there. Is it that hard to set a screen and free someone?

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Yeah, I'm a troll. I totally call people names and talk about ANYTHING other than basketball. Well according to you, that makes me a troll I guess :pl!! I swear Clutchfans goes full r****d sometimes and blames it on me.

Anyway in case it didn't occur to you I was referring to everybody mindlessly bashing McHale for the simplest reasons because it seems everything gets blamed on him, it seems if they miss a free throw it's McHales fault.

4. jocar

jocar Member

That inbound play at the end of the game to Brooks was pretty sneaky

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Given that the coaching is what it is, the players have played organized ball at different levels already. They can't suggest setting up screens or ignore the coach and set up some screens anyway? Where's the on-court leadership?

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

We need somebody who can seal his man (and hit the ensuing free throws), and an inbounder who can get the pass in the right place. Tmac was great at sealing; so was Drexler. If we had Harden, it would have not been a turnover. He can seal well. Drawn up inbounds plays can be foiled.

7. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Well, at least some here see the lack of setting screens as the root cause of the problem.... Whether it's on the players or coaches, I won't speculate..... But the lack of screens has been a persistent problem with this Rockets half-court offense. (Watching other NBA teams, the vast majority of them set at least twice as many screens compared to the Rox. The ratio is even greater for setting screens away from the ball.) And until this problem is addressed seriously, it will be the biggest reason why the Rockets fail to become a truly elite team.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When I saw the thread title I thought that's what this thread was about. Should have known better; that was too positive.