1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inactive members that you missed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Dec 23, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I heard that @Jeff was doing something with POS (point of sale) equipment.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Lol ... I wish I had @Yung-T photographic memory regarding how it all went down.

All I remember is that SwoLy was being his usual belligerent self in a thread (can't remember the thread) ... I offered my prayers to someone about something (lol) and he went after me. The board turned on him and Clutch got wind of it. I guess he was on a short leash already and Clutch banned him from the hangout. Since then he's only posted a couple of times in the hangout.... but nothing like his old self! The ban changed him, it's as if he was castrated or something. o_O

In a weird masochist way, I miss belligerent @SwoLy-D in the hangout!!!

(P.S.) Lol...Just reread this thread....he posted :confused:

#103 BamBam, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Lil Pun likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Granville has an autistic son and leading an autism association.
    During d&D arguments, bobby would repeatedly mock Granville and call his son a re**rd.
    It peaked when they had a heated argument and bobby replied saying Granville deserved his "ret**ded son because of karma" roughly.

The whole board was outraged and Clutch banned bobby after a delay, but then unbanned him only two weeks later, with bobby even blaming Granville in his "apology" post.

This got ppl even more mad and several decided to attack Clutch, mainly by mocking his Mormonism and CrossFit (someone also threatened and doxxed clutch, but that was not condoned by anyone).

They did this to show that a lot of posters get banned for stuff that was trivial compared to bobby's comments and in the end Clutch banned most of the involved people.

They've since decided to not ask to be unbanned and will stay away from this board.

malakas, IBTL, TWS1986 and 2 others like this.
  5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That discord is a hell hole, but i like it. It’s my hell hole

TWS1986 and Lil Pun like this.
  6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Wow! How long ago did all this happen? Did Clutch ever speak about his reasoning behind letting one person get away with so much?

IBTL and TWS1986 like this.
  7. Lil Pun

What Discord is that?

8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

That's incredibly ****ed up about Bobby. Wow. I get we all get angry when our side is attacked by others in politics, but damn man. I've been on the board about 15 years now under different monikers but never venture too much into D & D for that exact reason. Also did not know Clutch was a Mormon. Huh. The more you know.

IBTL likes this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

How does one join this 1337 discord?

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This was October and November 2018 iirc, Clutch said bobby has shown true remorse but I guess that's subjective in the end.

IBTL and Lil Pun like this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Me and some other CF members founded a discord when we went into cryptocurrencies, it's mostly about crypto, sports+general stuff now.

RedRedemption and Lil Pun like this.
  12. Lil Pun

Is that the one that moes is in that some people were speaking of earlier or is that a different one?

Hmmm...well thanks for the update. Do you remember what happened with Swol? It seems like a lot of the people I remember are no longer here for one reason or another.

13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I did not know about this but it changes my opinion of this site a lot. Maybe even lurking is too much.

Jontro, Master Baiter, IBTL and 2 others like this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea it's the one, although a new version without the toxic stuff and worst offenders from back then.

No idea about Swoly sadly, I miss his emoji trains.

Lil Pun likes this.
  15. Lil Pun

I thought the same thing after reading the story. There are always two sides to every story but Yung-T's account of those events has stop me from delving further into the site than I planned to.

IBTL likes this.
  16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They attacked Clutch and egged on Granvile to the point where he complained to the Rockets.

Also started shitposting in GARM and NBA Dish by creating dupes and calling Clutch racist and gay.

Yeah, they don't deserve to be back if they're bringing that garbage. They aren't victims. Bored little boys.

#117 Invisible Fan, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There's no "they", everyone acted different and only a small minority overdid it by attacking Clutch.
    And the dupe thing was literally only el gnomo iirc.

Several got banned or shadow-banned without attacking anyone in ill-manner or trolling, myself included.

Both sides were at fault and I give Clutch credit for unbanning ppl if they talked to him outside of CF, but let's not act like everyone who got banned deserved it fully, being part of the discord (which is for crypto and not some war group) was sometimes enough to be in the crossfire.

Lil Pun and donkeypunch like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wait...you are not @SwoLy-D?

boomboom likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bam, Swoly and OP are the same guy and just trying to outsmart Clutch with some perfect 4d chess moves.

DD needs to learn from em.

BamBam likes this.