1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In their own words

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Sep 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

i'm sure Sam will have a pithy comeback, and will use enormous restraint in playing the race card.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MGT_cSi7Rs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MGT_cSi7Rs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. giddyup

giddyup Member

This little video is a terrible, mighty thing... and we won't let them ignore it!

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Except basso is on my ignore list, so I am ignoring it, mr. moderate.

4. Major

Major Member

So are you suggesting that in 2004 (and all of 2000-2006), when the GOP controlled both Houses of Congress and the Presidency, there was a failure of leadership to fix this?

5. Uprising

Uprising Member

Here you go.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MGT_cSi7Rs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MGT_cSi7Rs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    :D

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Bah! My plans have been foiled!

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

pretty amazing if you watch the end Clinton says the Dems even resisted redulation on FM/FM during his terms.

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

That is an excellent question! Which, of course, means basso, giddyup, T_J et al. will ignore it completely in favor of distorted facts and smear campaigns. ;)

9. Faos

Faos Member

I can't wait to see the work Raines does in President Obama's cabinet. :rolleyes:

10. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

no doubt slated to take paulson's place at treasury.

11. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

as pelosi has taught us today, it's always the minority's fault.

12. giddyup

giddyup Member

zing.

I don't know what happened in 2004; I only know which party was saying what in that video.

13. giddyup

giddyup Member

Mr. moderate ignores no one and Sarah Palin did not ban books either!

14. IROC it

IROC it Member

Never forget. Never be hoodwinked by the media.

15. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

Nice one-liner. Unfortunately, you've just proven my point: distort the facts (Pelosi said nothing of the sort) and try to smear ("It's the Dems fault") instead of answering Major's very simple question: if the Republicans truly did see this as an impending problem, as the poster of the original video has intimated, and they controlled both Houses of Congress and the Presidency (as was the case in 2004), then why was nothing done to remedy the problem sooner?

Awaiting your non-argumentative response (yeah, right).

16. giddyup

giddyup Member

Well it's obviously NOT because the didn't speak up openly and plainly about it.

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Member
    Supporting Member

Do a little research.

This accounting scandal has nothing to do with the failure of crappy mortgages which killed Fanny and Freddy. It is about executive bonuses and shareholder compensation. It involves several million dollars in bonuses which, from what I can tell, all stem from accounting irregularities occurred in the late 90's. This is before Freddy and Fanny started taking on subprime mortgages in volume which caused their multibillion dollar collapse.

18. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

several billion< 700 billion

by my calc...

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this has nothing to do with the current crisis, basso you continue to prove your lack of knowledge on these subjects (i'm not claiming to be an expert) and at the very least you're arguing in one thread in the bailout that the democrats are inept controlling congress but in your usual ostrich head in the sand manner you totally ignore who was in control in 04

20. Faos

Faos Member

A program set up to allow people who couldn't afford a house has nothing to do with the problems (or a big part of the problems) of today?