1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In the words of one Aaron Rodgers...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The new pastime is whining if you don't get what you want.

2. Likeapocket

Likeapocket New Member

That was tough loss last night, it seemed that the rockets just knew the spurs would pounce them at there place, and they just went with the flow.

Tony parker was making every layup on them, and Banes just totally destroyed houston down low. Its hard to relax when you get beat like this.... But you know maybe rox can put it into another gear come playoff time who knows..

But with everything good that happens it would be painful to lose friday's game and what ever happens with rest of season then going into san antonio as 6th seed and just to get swept 4-0. That to me would be a heartbreak cause this last week or so you were a 2nd seed hot as could be, you would question the team of what would of happen if they could of only win this game blah blah.. West seed is tough.

#23 Likeapocket, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2019
  3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Yes I do realize that Rodgers comments were made relatively early on during the NFL season, but my comments were to fans on this site who were flipping out and terrified about playing other playoff caliber teams. This year's Rockets are starkly different from last year's team. These guys have played surprisingly well when they've been counted out. Last night was one of the very few occasions this season that the Rockets gave up. It was clearly evident in their play...But to all those thinking that the Rockets are doomed based on the game that was played last night, or because of the personnel losses in DMo and Bev...I want them to relax a bit.

I have been one of the most vocal critics of Mchale and his coaching, but this year...its really improved. I have to commend him for trying things...and giving certain lineups a chance. Never thought I'd say it, but he really did a great job making sure that the Rockets destroyed non playoff teams, and competed against other playoff bound teams. Dwight is getting his legs under him, and James is still playing at such an elite level. This season more than ever, I honestly think that this team has a chance to make a nice playoff run.

Last night was one of Tony Parker's best games this season and the Spurs are playing good ball (and actually playing their starters this late in the season). I rather be playing against better competition down the stretch than against teams that really wont test our team. I am looking forward to a better effort game Friday.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Thanks OP for reminding us how GB choked away their SB ticket in Seattle.

1 person likes this.
  5. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

I agree, but this just hasn't worked in our favor at all. The problem is that the Spurs are going to continue to play like this. While I like our chances to beat any team on any given night, I don't like them in a series playing the same team over and over, especially in the West. At that point, coaching comes into play and we're forced to rush Dwight back to longer minutes to have a fighting chance. I think if Dwight continues playing like he is with extended minutes, we're right there with anybody, he's going to end being the difference maker. We need what we can get at this point and what we really need is to hear the home crowd behind us more than the other team's crowd. Losing homecourt would be a huge blow.

1 person likes this.
  6. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

'MURICA ?

7. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

Or we need to pull a 2011 Dallas and start raining 3s on everyone.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Discount double-check?

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Depends: he's got Olivia munn

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Hopefully they put in nick johnson for defensive purposes (neutralize) and pushing the pace on the break... especially when they go on a run.

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

They could have given it to ariza all game long and make him shoot it till he catches fire. I seen it!