1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-Depth Look at the Playoff Race

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Nov 17, 2014.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I agree it doesn't outweigh a 4-game advantage in common games, but it could be argued that the Colts were extremely lucky while the Texans were fairly unlucky. HOU is 1-4 in games decided by 7 points or less, has seven double-digit wins and has one loss of over 10 points the entire season. Meanwhile, IND is 4-2 in games decided by 7 or less, has six double-digit wins and three losses by 17 points or more. Don't get me wrong, IND is the better team, but you could quibble about the margin some.

Of course, some of those "luck" factors are somewhat explainable based on having (or not having) a franchise QB.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think that stat that you listed had everything to do with the QB situation.

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Not to mention the Texans are still starting Case Keenum. I mean come on. As much as I hate to say it, losing to Jacksonville is not beyond the realm of possibility.

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And now the Browns are suspending their best receiver, Gordon, for the game as well.

5. tmacfor35

Thank you Cleveland. LOL!

Texan fans.

Would you rather lose in the first round of the playoffs or have JJ win the MVP?

I'd take MVP LOL.

6. justafriend

justafriend Member

I wasn't really worried about Shaw or Daniel, but yeah Gordon being suspended is bad news.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 4h4 hours ago

Browns expected to substitute liberally on Sunday to evaluate younger players for next season, according to sources

They don't seem interested at all in winning the game.

7. baubo

baubo Member

You could almost say that the Colts have Luck and we don't. :(

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I had zero expectation that the Texans would make the playoffs anyway. I'm watching today's game just hoping for win 9. Anything beyond that just seems crazy.

9. conquistador#11

SAT (situational assessment test) question.

On 3rd and 2 inside cowboys territory, with the best back in the AFC, what do you do?

A. Hand it off to the stud runningback against a worn out defensive front.

B. Have stud running back lined up in the backfield to give the threat of a run to worn out Defense.

C. Run the Hahvard quarterback keeper with your limited but tough quarterback.

D. Empty backfield, let your qb sling the ball with no running back, allowing the defense to cue in to what play is coming.

E. all the above except D are correct.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Baltimore has been terrible. 2 OL are hurt (one out). Flacco and Forsett are banged up.

KC is now favored by 3.

I'm feeling good right now.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Manziel apparently had a party late Friday Night which led players to being tardy for Saturday's meetings. Because of that Josh Gordon and their 1st round pick Justin Gilbert are inactive today.

He did say he was going to make the Texans pay for not picking him

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fun while it lasted.

13. tmacfor35

That is hilarious. LOL!

Oh well. Texans weren't going to be beating the great QB's in the playoffs.

7 win turnaround and it really looks like the MVP of the league will be JJ!

14. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Once Joe Haden got injured the Browns were toast. Story of the Texans' season.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

9 wins, 7th place in the conference, overall a good season considering last year and this year's QB play and injuries. The home losses to the Colts, Eagles, and Bengals did us in mathematically. Can't lose 3 homes games. Ultimately the lack of consistent QB play was the biggest issue overall for a team that has good talent.

Oh well, the Eagles just went 10-6 and missed the playoffs just like the Cardinals last year so it could be worse.

16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I'd go back to the Pittsburgh game. Outplayed them statistically and outplayed them for 57 out of 60 min. But those 3 min to end the half ended up haunting the Texans and of course if Fitz hadn't got hurt against the Colts they may have won that game as well.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yea but it's a road game, **** happens. Good/Playoff teams protect home field period!

18. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Ha. I came here to post this. Figured someone would beat me to it.:grin:

19. ln3012

ln3012 Member

doubt it