1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In case anyone needed anymore reason to hate John Cockton

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SuperMarioBro, Jun 17, 2021.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Apparently he believes COVID was a hoax or some shizz

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Another boring Pick and Troll move by Stockton.

3. TimDuncanDonaut

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm a simple man, i see john stockton, i move on the next item.

Juxtaposed Jolt, JumpMan, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

****-ton?

6. tksense

tksense Member

sounds like a high praise to the man, along with perhaps some not-so hidden infatuation from the OP ?_?

HP3 and Jontro like this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its always funny to be reminded of the rockets funs who believe nba is rigged and media hates houston to believe the doctors and the scientists and the lawmakers are 100% legit and unbiased lolololol

Sep11ie and Zen Tabak like this.
  9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Or if you actually listen to the clip, he disagrees with the ineffective government intervention policies, and the unprecedented approach to quarantining healthy people. Or he believes that young healthy people are not at risk of a virus that overwhelmingly impacts the old and the infirm (the data from a 31 million sample size of American COVID cases agrees with him on that, btw). It's a pity we can't openly debate issues without the left resorting to name calling. It's also wildly ironic that the most naive people will simply regurgitate what the mass media tells them without even stopping to think critically about the logic behind it... and then they proclaim that the other side are ignorant. Oh the irony!

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

When you start defending John Stockton I have to put you on ignore. Next it'll be that child molester Karl Malone...

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

love how he talks about his extensive research

lmao

Google search, FB, and Twitter has every dumbass thinking they’re an expert

HP3, FrontRunner, Corpusfan and 3 others like this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

... According to your extensive amount of research?

OK, what exactly is his/your ultimate point here? That we didn't need to do anything last year? Most reasonable people know that young people were not that vulnerable to COVID, and some states policies/directives were too strict at some points while some were a bit too loose at other points. But many were effective. The point of every social distancing and lockdown policy wasn't to prevent young people from dying, it was to prevent the disease from spreading fast enough that it overwhelmed our healthcare system (even if "only" with elderly people in our hospitals). If we didn't do anything, we would have failed that task in grand fashion. We'd be about where India is.

#12 SuperMarioBro, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    HP3, FrontRunner, Corpusfan and 3 others like this.
  13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's funny you say that, because to me the argument cuts harder the other way. The same people who understand how f*cked our government is and how much money rules everything around us find it so unbelievable that a private, for-profit organization would rig the outcome of some games to favor a profitable outcome... Only a quackjob could believe that, right?

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah I was a bit buzzed after a couple drinky dinks watching the Nets game last night, and this morning I regretted posting this and giving Cockton anymore of the clicks and views he desperately seeks.

Jontro and malakas like this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Quick, everyone whip out your confirmation bias opinions and try to change other people's minds about a widely documented phenomenon! Go!

16. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

if i ever hated stockton it was because he was one of the dirtiest players in NBA history, not for merely having an opinion. that would be weak as hell

Hakeemtheking and Slyonebluejay like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"But but, my significant amount of research!" (ventilator wheeled into room)

HP3, D-rock and London'sBurning like this.
  18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Never liked him and still don't.

FrontRunner and D-rock like this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

its really absurd the amount of people who are brainwashed like Stockton... and these people are educate their kids the same way.

D-rock likes this.
  20. DonatelloLimestone

Its not a right or left thing, they both do it. The tribal nature as if there are only two solutions is exactly what the founding fathers were afraid of, that they would hijack democracy to self preserve power. And it works, they run us like sports teams and we all compromise and work at teh behest of the partiest retaining power. People will hold their tongue and look the other way for biden's terrible decision making, the other side will look their way as trump lies to their face with reciepts. The climate is great for politicians to charge their base, for the respective entertainment news in Fox and CNN to pander to a base. Yet nothing really gets done.

And I agree. Its hard to udnerstand why people think hes an anti covid guy, how can you not say governmnt maybe just didn't handle it efficiently or effectively or adjust when needed and thats understanding that its absolutely unprecedented in nature and that there was going to be no perfect solution, but in that case nothing is more harmful than dumb regulation, especially sustained. It made no sense where now they funneled business of independents and mom and pops into international corporations like walmart being able to stay open, heck even our our own Owner was trying to get his piece of the pie while lying to us about and pulling in a favor with the president.

In someways I agree, or mostly that it has to be a dialogue and allow for intricacies depending on place and time, but then i feel it falls back to the same trap of "left is doing this" while ignoring the silly games of the republican party just as the left is doing too. Americans and democracy deserve better politicians, we ain't sending our best.

Corpusfan likes this.