1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Important duty for those going to game tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Oct 15, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Thanks for the news, Tim.

It's cool that the Powerdancers do their thing, but I hope the uniforms don't detract from the game. I don't come to games to watch the Powerdancers and I don't care to oblige fans who just want to see skin. We don't have to see skin to appreciate what the Powerdancers do.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks Tim. :)
    Red is in the Power Dancers outfits?? Any hint that this is related to the long anticipated new Rockets uniforms/colors??

(Don't mind Relativist... my wife said they should make the new Power Dancers duds as hot as possible. She thinks they should sizzle!)

3. Old School

Old School Member

Even though the dancers were wearing their old uni's I still thought there would be a report on the new gals on the squad.

:(

os

4. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Hey Tim -

What's the status of the Eddie Griffin billboard?

5. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I've said my say, but it's all good. Don't get me wrong; I won't mind that much if the Power Dancers "sizzle." ;) My girlfriend, on the other hand... :D

And I'd like to second your question. Is this a precursor to the uniforms? For what it's worth, I really like 'Rocketeer' red a lot for this team. A red base whether for home or road jerseys would be fantastic, especially now with Yao coming. Bring back the Rockets' "red glare."

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Better yet, digital photos of the power dancers changing INTO their new uniforms in the locker room..

7. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Its not shocking that there were not many reports as there were only 43 people at last night's game.

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I also hope that if his wife is gone they get rid of those stupid Animal Rights t-shirts in the 4th. God thats weak. It drives me to Whataburger to order a double meat burger.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

If God didnt want us to eat animals, he wouldnt have made them out of meat .............................:p

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

On the meat issue.
    I had heard over the summer that Les was just going to make sure there were vegetarian alternatives available at the new arena. There will be the standard meaty fare and vege-fare...

Considering how many eating places they were showing that were gonna be included, I dont find that so unusual.

Bring back the "Rockets Red Glare"..:cool:

11. Tim

Tim Member

Of the 18 dancers (not counting the choreographer), 8 of them are new. The new ones didn't perform last night -- they're still learning the routines, and they won't have uniforms until the new ones are finished. Expect them to begin debuting in the regular season. They did all attend the game last night, though.

And, yes, "Animals Have Rights" will still be incorporated into the fourth quarter uniforms.

Tim

12. Tim

Tim Member

Great question. The vinyl wrap for the Eddie Griffin billboard, designed right here by the folks on Clutchcity.net, is due back from the printer by the end of the week, and will go up within the next two weeks.

And there it will stay until at least mid-December. I think this is a great story.

And it's a good looking board. Couldn't be happier. :D

Tim