1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Immigration Crisis in Europe - what should be done?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

:confused: Free healthcare/education /family reunion invitation & rights to works what do you call it! Immigration policy?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Weak sauce.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Wow!! Are you actually a fan of the Saudi feudal kingship/dictatorship that exports the most bs form of the Muslim religion? You must be from there and possibly related to some of the Royals?

A real shyt hole, but gets away with it because of the oil.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agree with most of the post, but I would hope that a relative of the Royals would have at least gotten a better education.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

I'm surprised ! These type of comment generally comes from an ignorant person like atw

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It can only be described as racist to assume that Arab PEOPLE have more responsibility for the refugees than anyone else. If we're not racists and bigots, then the refugees should be taken care of by the people who are responsible for the crisis. I know Germany set the precedent for not taking care of its victims, but in the real world that leads to problems. People who make mistakes have to bear the consequences.

Since 99.9% of Arab PEOPLE have no say in what their GOVERNMENTS (two separate unrelated entities) do, they are the least responsible.

These refugees should be hosted in the White House and EU headquarters and Bashar's house and other palaces in the Middle East. Americans and Europeans share some responsibility given they have more representative governments so they should take the refugees into their public life. You guys actually to some extent voted in George Bush and Tony Blair and their minions for God's sake.

Arabs have done ****all but watch things happen and facepalm. Yes, Arabs can help, but they are least responsible for this mess and they have other problems - like, not being represented, not having any say in anything. What they do is pure charity - and they do it. Since most Arabs are Muslims, it's important to note that it's forbidden for a Muslim to publicize their charity unless forced. That doesn't apply to the governments though. Not to mention we Arabs have been traumatized by possibly ending up in guantanamo if we donate to a charity for which we don't know every process and every ultimate beneficiary.

What you guys should do is fix your **** up. But we all know that's not going to happen. That's the whole point of having military bases here. So you don't **** where you eat. And you guys are ok with that. To **** in other people's countries. You just call it "American interests" and act like some of you ever get a piece of that. Then you turn around and wonder why the people on whom you've shat for 60 years don't clean it up.

Well, there are lumps of **** everywhere so we'll get to this lump once we're done with the bigger ones. Meanwhile, you guys need to decide whether you want to keep ****ting on us or have a peaceful middle east, because 60 years of experience says we can't have both.

Please understand, it is not our duty to make sure things are perfect for "American interests". That is not how we prioritize things. These "American interests in Arab people's countries" tend to contradict to the MASSIVELY more important issue of "Arab people's interests in Arab people's countries."

Also important to understand, there are different Arabs. Moroccans and Syrians are more different than British and Germans. There is no unified body for Arabs which represents Arab people. There is no Arabian Union. There is almost no representation. Citizens can't decide what to do. They cannot succeed in pressuring people to do what they want lest they want an American teargas canister shoved down their throats.

We'll take responsibility for the mistakes we made. Right now, way at the top of the list is you being here. You. Being HERE. You - across the oceans - being here, in the Middle East - not your home. Our home. We live here. That is step #1 and will be for a long time. You cannot be here. We don't understand why you support your presence here when all it does is fill the pockets of people you then go on to hate during campaign season.

Go home. Save the lives of your young people. Save the money. Tell your rich people to shut up and get out if they don't like it - they're not sharing their money in any case. Use the money to fix things. Detroit looks like Syria. LA looks like Dubai used to look 15 years ago. You have homeless people. No home, no money, no job. You need money. You need to focus on HOME more. Go back home. Cut your military bases by 75%, you will still have more bases than the rest of the world combined, and you'll still have the best weapons, but you will have more money and you will fix problems that affect all of you and your kids.

Go home guys. It's going to collapse here, yes, but that's inevitable. We can't avoid that. It has to happen, and it has to hurt for us, a lot. But it will be one time, it will take 10 years then we'll take care of it. Good news is, it will collapse so bad that no one is going to bother coming over to you. You're good. You'll still get a couple of terrorist incidents per year, but it will cost less lives and money.

It's time guys. You need this too now. It used to be that this was benefitting you somehow. Now, nada. It's just time. We're debating over the skeleton of what used to live.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

People are responsible for what their government does. People are responsible for the things that happen in their country.

Now, that doesn't mean that people shouldn't help them, but when it comes down to it, this is Syria's mess. In a lot of ways they are complicit in that they let the Assad regime get away with so much for so long....and even when a revolution started, most sat on the fence not wanting to get involved. There are consequences to sitting on the sidelines just letting things happen.

The people should have either backed Assad or backed the early attempts at overthrowing Assad. If they had done one or the other, Syria would be in better shape today.

Now many are fleeing THEIR country rather than getting involved. In many ways, it's shameful. Before someone chimes in about the elderly or children, I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about the able bodied Syrians who are fleeing rather than fighting for their country.

Though nothing is as shameful as trying to blame what is happening in Syria on the US. That's straight up pathetic.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Syrians people could handle Assad if it was his regime alone, but they are fighting an army of Hezbola ,Afghanies/Pakistanis/Iraqies shies militias, along with Iranian revolutionary guard and Russians with license to kill from Obama who blocked regional arms smuggling into the hand of Syrian free army .

Back in the days around 1945s , Syria hosted more than 120000 Greek refugees , no one labeled them as cowards I guess

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Who in the hell would want to be a refugee in Saudi Arabia? It'd be the equivalent of being a prisoner. Might as well stay in Syria.

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Besides not having heavily armed bands intent on destroying all that won't follow them, the Gulf states have no shortage of jobs.

11. malakas

malakas Member

I apologise if I make multiple posts.
    I think that Palestine refugees when it comes to Israel and what they were "forced" to do differs a lot to every other refugee. But let's not get there.

You are right that noone should be forced to do anything however they can be critisized, pressured and ridiculed and accept what this makes them. Heartless state that doesn't care about the basic human rights and the lives of thousands.
    Same to Hungary and same to Australia that let all these immirgants drown in teh sea on purpose. You can claim all you want that you are a civilised country but your governments actions say more about what your culture is about. So they have to right with their laws to do whatever they want in their soil and close their borders and say **** off to all the war refugees. But then I also have the right AND the proof to say shame on them.

Btw it's not a EU problem because these countries and these criminals the middlemen are foreign nationals and have their bases on non EU countries like Libya and Turkey.
    In the middle of all this crisis there are some people making huge fortunes. Huge. But the greek coast guard doesn't have the right to go and invade their bases in foreign waters/soil and same with the EU. Turkey and Libya etc have to cooperate which they do not. If these criminal organisations that take advantage of the refugees are not taken care of this immigration will not cease. And it's done under horrible conditions, often the middlemen kill the refugees/immigrants after they take their money ofc.

Btw let me repeat again that a huge number of the immigrants are not Syrians. A lot are Afghanis (Afghanese? ) which are currently rioting/protesting that the Syrians are handled preferably and they demand the same privilidges.

And in the meantime you have the local host societies of first arrival ,like mine have to pay the heaviest price.
    Lose their livehood, in the middle of the crisis (tourism) have to deal with diseases (phymatiosis and hepa B) , with minimal protection from the government.(the local police/coast guards can't deal with a population that is half of the locals!). Have their transportation that is their link to the mainland been flooded.

About intergration : Noone WANTS to stay in Greece. The Syrians are offered asylums and they refuse to take them. Because if you take an asylum in Greece then you are prohibited to move to lets say Sweden or UK or Germany. They want to to take asylums from more rich countries that have jobs to offer. So there is no will from them to be intergrated.
    They want to be taken care of, and then leave.
    This is a thread about the immigration crisis of Europe. Your comments is out of place completely. Noone here is going to deny help based on the state of a cellphone.

France seems to me to be in immense danger of terrorism by Islamists. I don't see any distinction with Israel.
    Yeah, but my post was referring to the cost on the people. Noone is going to reinbursh us from the loss of jobs and money because the sight of refugees doesn't fit what the tourists want to see in their vacation.
    Please don't make the same comparison with Hungary.
    Hungary has internal problems and noone should be surprised by their behaviour. Do you really think their problem is the cost? No. Their problem is nationalism and racism. Even if someone paid all the costs for the refugees they wouldn't accept noone.
    I have personal experience of Hungarian attitude and has gotten worse and worse. It has affected their society and sadly particularly the young people.

12. malakas

malakas Member

From all your ranting post the first sentence is the juice here. You are right the arabs have little in common between themselves ethnically and certainly don't have the same identity. They shoudln't assume all the responsibillity but certainly some other than none.

:rolleyes: So you are personally responsible for every crime your government has commited? This is rich.

And the rest of your point is something I have been debating with others here very often. But my answer is : what can a Syrian mother with 4 small children do? Die? Have her children killed or abducted and recruited to the armies as children soldiers? Have her daughters raped and forcefully married?
    And IF you were a man with such a family would you send them away alone in a foreign country?Having to walk alone and unprotected in the middle of the night in mountaineous terrain and go in boats in the sea ALONE while you went to die in the war? Or you would go with them to protect them as best as you could?

You must be confusing it with Aithiopia that hosted some refugees at that time.
    The Greek Aleppo refugees were before the second WW in 1923 and it was due to forced exchange of population.
    Neverthless there are countless examples of refugees in the greek history. After the civil war the communist who lost left to the eastern block.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

First part, yes, you are responsible for the actions of your government, if your government goes down a bad path, you have a responsibility to overthrow that government and install a new one. If you don't, then you are complicit in their actions.

Second part, I know it's a rough situation, but are you telling me that as a Greek, you wouldn't fight for your homeland if it was under attack? Yes all manner of horrific things happen in wars, but would you abandon Greece rather than fight for it, no matter what the cost?

I just feel like if you abandon your homeland when there is conflict going on, you have no right to ever go back (cough cough.....Palestinians...cough cough)

14. glynch

Unlike ATW I don't see all Muslims as being alike.

So are you a fan of medieval kingships in which the King and family make little fi any distinction between the treasury and their own bank account?

As far as the Saudi brand of Islam:
    The Saudi curriculum, much like what IS is urging Syrians and Iraqis under its control to teach and preach, imparts to the youth a narrow-minded, conservative, traditional worldview. It is intolerant of other religions and even of other sects in Islam.

Oftentimes, Shia Muslims are considered “apostates,” or “rejectionists,” and could be subject to discrimination and even death. The Shia in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain are excluded from key government, defence, and national security positions.

http://www.juancole.com/2014/11/ideology-grounded-textbooks.html

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

ATW does not see all Muslims as being alike. My issue is with the ideology of political Islam, not with the people. But don't let that stop you from propagating myths.

You, on the other hand, hate hate hate Israel and its people, for some reason.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

17. glynch

Perhaps you misspoke?

Can you be serious? This is like saying that America has taken in Native Americans as refugees.

I am assuming that you know that Israel made those Palestinians "refugees" when they drove them off the land that they now call Israel.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And the Palestinians have no more claim to that land than the "native" Americans have over New York.....but I'm sure you know that.

Once upon a time it may have been their land, but that's sort of irrelevant now isn't it?

19. glynch

Interesting point to compare the native Americans with the Palestinians. Native Americans may not have the right to the deed on Manhattan Island, but are full citizens, have the right to vote and have equal rights.

Palestinians of course, even those few allowed to be citizens do not have full rights. The rest of course have virtually no rights or civil liberties in Israel.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

You are confusing Saudis with Iranian !
    Look at it this way, in Iraq where 40% of population are Sunnies,millions of them suffers the most between radical Shiites Militias, ISIS and the corrupted Shias govT.

In Syria , where Sunnies are about 90% of population denied from all human rights violations from Shia minority's .

But what came to your attention is the Saudis !
    Less than 10% of population are Shias , the government basically guarding them from any backlash or revenge due to what happening in Iraq/Syria .

If you want to measure or gauge a certain country based on justice and fairness , not because it's labeled Democratic or kingdom look no further than the global transparency ranking report.

Another point of you claiming that Saudi education spread the hate etc, it's illegal to do that, even alqaida that was created by BinLaden who was stripped from his citizenship in the 90s was an example of a former CIA's agent who fought against the Soviets , then decided to engage in another war against the Saudis ,American or anyone happened to step on their path.