1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka new Rockets head coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Sengun

Sengun Member

They did not give up KPJ voluntarily.

They planned KPJ as a franchise player ahead of Green and Sengun and let him drag the team to the bottom for two years.

Udoka wasn't their first choice. They tried for Nurse, but when they couldn't get any results, they turned to Udoka. I remember Shams and Wojnarowski's first report. There were three candidates, Nurse, Snyder and the Atlanta assistant coach. Udoka then appeared.

They tried for Harden but couldn't make the trade. They tried to bring in Brook Lopez and hinder Sengun's development again. They failed. As a result, they turned to FVV and Sengun.

FO definitely does not deserve any credits. Most of the things they do are not their own choices, but the consequences of the failure of their own choices.

clutchdabear and RHU525 like this.
  2. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

I will never underestimate the value of coaching in basketball ever again.

3. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

How’s it go? I’d rather be lucky than good. I think that’s it.

Give credit where credit is due. If they’re bad it’s by their own doing but if they’re good it’s purely circumstances and coincidence by way of failures that didn’t pan out? Cmon

Sit back and enjoy the ride. The team is playing good. Quite frankly I say they’re ahead of where we thought they would be. Aside from opening night, they’ve been in every game with a shot to win if it wasn’t won.

And yes, the FO is responsible for the putting these players and this coach together.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bro i love this dude.

5. MultipleSauces

I have grown to love coach ime. He’s our franchise player

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i was telling some of you that i think stardom can be cultivate. Green needs someone to put that battery in his back . Ime out here trying to show Jalen what bulletin board material is. Jalen is too nice; he needs Ime to show him the fire.

man what a signing.

7. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

I know people love to cite the mid 2000s Pistons as a team without a true superstar, but Chauncey Billups peaked as a top 3 player in the NBA if advanced stats are to be believed. Easily the best point guard of the 2000s IMO.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Jalen has superstar potential he just doesn't have a superstar mentality. Jalen needs Ime to tell him to be angry. Jalen that type of dude to mimic his soundings. Jalen started on that bullshit the moment Silas and KPJ where the people around him.

Ime is different.

BaselineFade and T for 3 like this.
  9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He wanted Dillon Brooks and it seems like he knew exactly what to do with him.

If Brooks keeps up his current play, even if his shooting drops a bit, he would still be a bargain at 20 million.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Man's gonna win coy if we make it into playoffs. The gap difference between silas and ime is astounding wide, our team plays with a different vibe

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

wanted Brooks and did not want Harden. Bro, Harden might be an amazing player, but Ime is not about that bullshit. Ime knows who Harden is.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Bar for Ime was just to be a coach becasue Silas was so bad. Ime better than the bar so far. hes a good coach

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm in serious danger of getting my hopes up.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I trust Ime Udoka with my life.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I think I like Udoka more than Silas

Moahst and DreamShook like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But do you trust him with you wife? :D

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Everything comes at a price :(

Little Bit, Rudyc281, ArtV and 3 others like this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol the players were young, you need to give them time to grow. They were all playing together. No one was seen as a franchise player.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

They have some good structures in place and he has come in at the right time when year 3 of the development of Green and Sengun is off to a strong start. Getting Fred and Brooks, too veterans the team missed the last couple of years helps.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Opposing coaches continuing to praise Udoka: