1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka new Rockets head coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Apr 24, 2023.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Plus, I think ol' Jaygup might have to " raise up".

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

.... I feel like KPJ has been showing his true colours literally every stop on his basketball journey.

Losmi_34 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

A good point, but there’s no way he’s going to be freestyling it. The answers are going to be super prepared by the PR and legal people, and Stone will not go off message. He’s a lawyer, he knows that much.

Ime’s also had a year to prep for this press conference and has had two teams convinced to hire him now, so he must be good at telling his side of the story by now.

Eager to hear it.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

we will see. we haven't seen how much Ime signed for. I'm not complaining. It's just an interesting take I didn't think about.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Probably better than signing Nurse or Vogel.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Aww we took their picks and their next HC after nash

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A courageous hire . He's far better than Silas and probably better than Vogel. Nurse was my first choice. If Udoka doesn't have any further issues and if he instills discipline while maintaining flexibility, we should be in good shape.

TAB and smoothie like this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I know we've been riding KPJ's ass, but don't forget about that garbage a-hole of a player Nix. I want to see him released like Uncle Phil throwing Jazzy Jeff out the door.

[​IMG]

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Considering Houston doesn't have a single sports journalist who is worth a damn, I think it won't be an issue. Journalists in Toronto reacted strongly to just Ime being interviewed, but in Houston there was nothing.

I wonder if the Rockets have a plan to address the female employees of the organization about this hire or if they'll just proceed as if nothing unusual happened. I assume the latter.

Entropy and SamFisher like this.
  10. Ancient Moabite

Bobby Marks has opened up the conspiracy floodgates

He has Rockets with the second pick based on his tweet posted on here related to what Udoka has to work with in Houston as far as assets

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

NONE OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH BASKETBALL IS MY POINT. To let him go like that was definitely an overreaction we can agree to disagree. Look at what I was responding too and how I responded. You know how many dudes in the NBA cheat? Not a one is suspended or fired when found out. For gods sake Boston alerted the media. The media went on a witch hunt assuming it was not consensual. It was an overreaction certainly worth a few games suspension not his job. Overreaction plan and simple.

12. Rockets34Legend

I think Jaygup was never really given much of a chance while under that clown Silass's reign. Also, when given the chance, Jaygup would get hot or do what we want him to do as fans, and then Silass would step in and **** everything up.

I think he'll end up being a weapon on the 2nd unit that Ime can utilize in the season.

slothy420 likes this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

They did and you know what they found? Nothing basketball related. Something that should have been kept indoors which Boston decided to air and fire him for. It was dumb.

14. Rockets34Legend

OP, is it too late to put a poll on this shiznit thread?

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

How is the most coddled group of people in human history scared to do anything when it's a "vs men" situation ???

It's considered misogyny to even call a women fat and tell her she needs to lose weight

Fat-shaming, body positivity, and love your curves is for women

If a man is fat, he's fat. If a woman is fat, she's "big and beautiful" ... or "plus sized"

Those powerful men she's "scared of" are the top 1% of men. The remaining 99% of men, she wouldn't even give the time of day

I could go on,... so stop the cap

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There are now two threads with polls...

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yall hate KPJ for real huh. He's our best player alongside Jalen Green

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

lol no

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

We might never know, but I wonder if the players told Silas or management anything about this

I'm just happy we now have a seemingly better coach

BamBam likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member