1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime - nothing is Given anymore all will be earned!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 26, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes he is.

DD

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  2. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yep! Big D energy!

3. NewAge

NewAge Member

You mean to CHANGE who he is. Hope he mans up, what he’s shown so far has been blah

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

What separates Jalen Green and KPJ

Jalen Green - Speed, Athletic, Fast Break Sharpshooter, More Calm with Referees No Calls, Plays a Excellent 2 Man Pick and Roll with Alperen Sengun, Jalen can move without the Ball to get easy shots.

KPJ - Low IQ in Passing, Hesitates on Passes, Average in Running, Average Defender, Barks at Referees, Pouts and Quits on the Team.

Whenever he passes the Ball to Alperen he gets Angry, KPJ had the lowest amount of passes to Alperen compared to Jalen Green.

KPJ never moves off ball when Alperen Sengun has the Ball, KPJ is a bench player.

BamBam, Jontro and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

Well doesn't that Man up mean leveling up since you go from teenage to man body and you get more comfy with the other things I mentioned that killers usually obtain with experience?

His biggest so called change needs to come with effort n energy on defense, the minor change in offense just needs to be consistency and play like he did in their wins, even if they lose he needs to show up

I would imagine if you go thru the history of 18/19/20 yr olds in the NBA the majority of them were blah, unless you think Lebron(and Amare) were the only ones to come straight out of HS

Pretty sure KG/Kobe and many others were blah if you broke down their first two seasons in as you do for Green

By time KG won MVP he sure wasn't the same player first two seasons, he manned up(changed) by then

Lets revisit this after year 4 is complete, you could be right then as well, so be it

34to11 likes this.
  6. NewAge

NewAge Member

You mean to CHANGE who he is. Hope he mans up, what he’s shown so far has been blah
    To a certain extent, yes. But this guy turned 20 awhile ago, hasn’t been a teenager for awhile. At 20 someone like Ja was a killer, even though his body is pretty slender. I think we’re all hoping that Green matures and mans up, and it is a reasonable hope, but not a certainty by any means..

7. Ancient Moabite

But his first couple seasons in he was raw and thrown into deep end, which was good for him, basically came straight out of HS unless you want to prop up his like 15 game G League stint

Ja also had like two NCAA seasons to prepare even better for next level, and Ja has leveled up even more since coming into nba

Don't know why you mentioned Ja when I Am speaking about straight out of HS players and judging their first two seasons in(minus Bron)

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

I’m saying Ja at 20 was a badazz, even though slender body, while Green at 20-21 is a puppy. Hope he mans up, like I said, but is not certain.

9. Ancient Moabite

I never said Ja wasn't badazz at 20, he was more NBA ready than a straight out of HS player who had his same built, Green is more a puppy based on the route he took entering the league

Not saying it would have greatly helped but 50 games is more than 15, covid hurt those g league players who came from HS

Like AI had similar Ja/Green slender built but his two yrs at G'Town had him more NBA ready than say Kobe who came raw straight out of HS like Green, and it showed early on first couple seasons

If he mans up or not its going to be all on him, so like I said after year 4 what you see is what you are going to get, but this upcoming season he needs to play 75% (out of total games played) Like he did in their past season wins

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

was it a penny or a nickel

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not one Nickel - not one Dime - you hear me Les!

I have been a Rockets fan since the 1972 - 73 season, have been through thick and thin with this organization, I care, probably too much about this team.

This is by far and away the WORST I have felt about the team, ever. Even during the tanking years, most of the guys were at least giving effort.

So, my ticket Rep emails me - I live in Austin, but go to a few games a year - and I wrote him back this:

-------------------------------------

I will not spend one nickel on anything Rockets related until I see them playing hard, and trying.

No Jerseys for my kids, no tickets for the family, nothing - I am embarrassed by this team, and the players on it, the lack of leadership, and the lack of professionalism I want to see from a team I support.

So please tell Les, that as a long time fan, until I see them competing on a nightly basis, that my money will go toward something else.
    -----------------------------------------

Now, I am paraphrasing and I doubt it gets to Les, but I also would not be surprised if I am the ONLY one feeling this way.

Anyway - I will cheer them on, but from the TV, hoping that the team and it's alleged Star players suddenly decide to care and play hard again.

Until then - this is Scrooge McDDuck signing off.

DD

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Finally. Enough of this good vibes and friendship mood. It is pro-sports team in the best basketball league in the world. If you can't play then you don't. You want development time? NBA has a development league for that.

NewAge and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

#KnowYourClutchfansTrivia

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Les Alexander is not Owner of the Rockets Anymore.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wonder how long u have to dig to find the original post

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One hail mary or one Amen or one hallelujah!

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

No I get it - just find it curious how quick Udoka has been crowned savior and I think some level of thirst creeps in because in the big picture he doesnt have a track record to indicate a forgone conclusion - he was gifted a stacked roster that admittedly played phenomenal the 2nd half of that year (after an abysmal 1st half), but I remember him being outcoached in the Finals as well. Im trying to be cautiously optimistic - alot of that will be determined by the veteran presence that the team can pick up which I feel has just as much to do with culture and goal setting for a young team. Some guys go so far as to say Udoka "is no pushover" as if he's going to buck the managerial totem somehow. I dont know its just a little weird to me as the guy doesnt really have pelts on the wall to attract that sort of bended knee. Im crossing fingers though!

Corrosion and saleem like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly your memory is better than mine.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

like an elephant

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

That's one of the fundamental differences between 'pop tree' Ime n 'nice guy' Silas, the latter actually an f ******* -
    Goon, Tari, jaygup, tyty, KJ, n Bari…in past two yrs no matter how hard you played, no matter how many potential you got, no matter how eager you tried to prove yourself, no, no, no! all in vain!! 'nice guy' Silas like a poor babe suffering from autism, he ain't see, ain't give attention, ain't talk…cuz he had subjectively labelled you, drawn fine lines for you, allocated PT for you.
    To Silas, PT ain't something that you could earn from him. Don't argue w/ him, how long you ought to play per game had been manually defaulted in his program. Its pathetic, Its unbelievable.