1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime - nothing is Given anymore all will be earned!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Ancient Moabite

That doesn't sound like a player who just chucks the ball as some (not saying you) on here claim, that sounds like a confident team player

But I agree he needs to impose his will more and that comes with age n experience n confidence, which next two seasons completed will shed light on who he will basically be

vince, Believe It! and Caesar like this.
  2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Assuming no veteran PG is brought in, who do you think gets the minutes at PG?

AlperenSengun likes this.
  3. kpdark

kpdark Member

whose roles could be changin' as Ime indicated

jabari to C
    tari to PF
    KPJ to SF

saleem and Pistol Pete like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With the current roster, KPJ would clearly start and Amen of the bench. Kind of obvious really, but I expect them to add some players.

5. Arnel

Arnel Member

JaeSean Tate (the 6’4” dude) starting power forward with 35 minutes per game? Hahhaha well we’re f*cked then

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ime sounds like he's going to demand respect and accountability. Last coach that did that was Rick Adelman.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You could trot out a lineup of 5 members of Clutchfans or 5 All Stars and you would still very clearly see that there was no offensive or defensive scheme in place. It doesn't matter the talent level. The man couldn't coach. The team did not know how to play.

Oh and he also started Bruno Fernando over Alperen Sengun to start the season in case you needed more evidence...

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not sure about. The KPJ PG experience really might be dead. He's much better off the ball. But even in that situation as the backup PG Amen is probably getting 15-20 min a night. And with a veteran he still might get those minutes if KPJ is being moved off ball.

larry cook, Aruba77 and saleem like this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

This thread is hilarious because although I agree with the sentiment that players should earn their playing time, the same people seem to still be in denial that Rockets were intentionally trying to lose. Emphasizing development over wins was obvious code word for tanking.

If it were up to DD we would've started Garrison freaking Mathews over Green for 1-2 seasons just because Mathews could hit a 3 and take a charge. Maybe benching Green a few games to send a message I could get behind, but I really don't see Green developing that much on the bench watching the team as constructed. There simply wasn't enough talent to have that kind of environment. Bottoming out 3 years in a row has now allowed us to have enough talent to have this environment AND have massive upside potential.

The Rockets now have a ton of young talent, aren't interested in higher draft seeds and so it makes sense for the guys to scrap and claw for playing time. I love it too. This is what I've patiently waited for and LOVE. Now comes to fun part where culture is everything. Not to say Silas couldn't have done a much better job at fostering a better culture and developing our players with the talent we had, because he was pretty bad at most things this team needed. But, now that we've gotten so much talent that there needs to be a consolidation of talent, it makes sense to have this attitude. Ime is the right guy to teach the young guys about important things like defensive effort and rotations, secondary assists, playing to your strengths, etc.

I'm really excited about the next few years and believe in these guys

TheJet, BamBam, No Worries and 4 others like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's ok as a figure of speech in this context. We will find out how good Udoka is too.

11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because he won't admit KPJ was a terrible point guard.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has a solid coaching staff but no real top assistants that could rival or succeed him therefore he would be clearly in charge.

Also no real interim coach if something were happen to him, no real deputy.

saleem likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ime's motion offense in Boston does not go for a ball pounding guard like kpj. If he turns into a hand off, off ball, spot up shooter then its a two shooting guard lineup. Won't mean he's the point guard.
    Smart starting for Ime with Jaylen in the backcourt gives me a clue that he's likely not really excited about either Jalen or kpj, but Amen and Tari rather.

Rudyc281 and DaDakota like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Let's not make **** up, I would have for sure had an open competition for playing time, most all star players didn't start because they were drafted highly they had to earn it.

Nothing wrong with accountability.

And yes circumstances have changed somewhat, but they should have been this way the entire time.

DD

vince likes this.
  16. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Going to have to disagree. It's to many good teams in the western conference. I will give them a year before they can get to that mark.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sorry. My sarcasm sucks.

vince and saleem like this.
  18. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don‘t believe Jabari will play C - he will come in as a small ball C to cause miss matches, but his natural position will be PF and he may even play some SF. He will struggle defending strong Cs and he is great defending on the perimeter.

Tari already is a tweener SF/PF. I would like him to play as a SF more, but I also believe he will back up Jabari.

KPJ to me is the one player Ime talked about. He won‘t play PG at least that won‘t be his primary position. I don‘t know if he will play SF or SG. And I imagine he will be our scoring spark of the bench.

If we get Brook Lopez I could also see Sengun play some PF.

vince likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is @DaDakota ready to spend a penny on the Rockets again?

20. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member