1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime - nothing is Given anymore all will be earned!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also the POINT GUARD, who isn't a good shooter, shot better than the SHOOTING GUARD.

Glad you're not trying to convince anyone of anything because you didn't.

csc177 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lol . numbers are easily twisted or turned or interpreted incorrectly , partially, or with full context.

what else is green doing besides scoring ?

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Okay.
    Which numbers did I list that you believe were "twisted or turned or interpreted incorrectly"?

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

didnt say you did. but numbers are not infallible as you suggested. they are not "just facts". sure , so its true that 2 is bigger than 1 .. but what does that MEAN ?

those 2 stat lines you posted were close..ish. But you yourself pointed out a context ( PG vs SG ) when i brought up the assist discrepancy. So looking at the numbers alone does tell the story.

Otherwise , if you just look at the numbers you see that morant had better efficiency AND set up teammates more. Overall a superior offensive player. Hell he even managed so snag an extra rebound every 5th game or so. Hey that could have been the game securing board/ putback for the win lol.

Getting back to the thread title . I truly hope Green will have to earn it this year.

Gifting him a starting spot and big minutes out the gate was a huge mistake.
    He was slightly better this year. I saw actual flashes to be excited about.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He got a LOT better in getting to the foul line, which we all know does more than just scoring. In fact, his FTr increased by 10%!

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

This statement is kinda dumb honestly. He should’ve came out and said that we’re looking at bringing in veteran leadership that we haven’t had in the past, that will impact our lineups.

It’s almost double talk. You’re saying nothing is given but you’re not paying someone 40 million a year to come off the bench. So in reality you are giving that new veteran the starting job.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean that's because that veteran clearly has proven he's an established player in this league. On the flipside you have a roster full of kids who are unproven and were all given major minutes for the last 3 years that resulted in a whopping 60 wins

nothing wrong with what Ime said. in fact, that's what he needs to be saying

csc177, 34to11, O-dawg and 1 other person like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't think so, I think that any starting job for a vet is temporary - until the kids are ready.

DD

9. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

hajkov, Bo6, comrade and 8 others like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People say big words about a player and then feel like they have to defend their initial take for the rest of time until the ship sinks.

However I realize me telling you that is like me telling Stephen Hawking what physics is.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dry your eye, I'm sure your guy will stop sucking at some point.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And the guy u pine for is out of the league. He was already losing his job for being an incompetent pg, but his behavior finally caught up 2 him.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kid, just because you are a player first type doesn't mean anyone else is. I'm a fan of the Rockets, if a player is no longer on the Rockets, they don't matter anymore.....except the greatest player in Rockets history, DMo.

You keep confessing your sins by attempting to accuse others of them.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't need to gaslight me, the forum knows already that u r one of the biggest kpj fanboi there is.

Good luck trying to find another player to root for so u can sht on Smith, and green just to double down on your sht take that they suck.

#195 DatRocketFan, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You made a fool of yourself letting KPJ dry hump your mind all of last season. You should try to wipe that awful memory of being the poster boy of a really bad take out of your mind.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Our maybe you're just dumb and projecting....

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The dumb one is the one who thought green is brewer 2.0.

Our team is already much better without kpj as the head honcho and off the team, u will see it eventually the dumb ones usually take longer to see things.

#198 DatRocketFan, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    Pistol Pete likes this.
  19. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Why do you respond to him? He is a moron, a troll and likely a drunk. And he spends infinite hours on here but still doesn’t contribute. He’s not worth anyone’s time.

AlperenSengun likes this.