1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine. Just imagine.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Imagine putting up 44 points .... and still losing.

When did anyone stop believing Harden wasn't capable of putting up big numbers?

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol harden haters doesn't bother reading OP post. Op is pointing out we have a lot of dumbfks devaluing or underappreciating one of the greatest players to grace our franchise just bc he wants to leave.

It is what it is.

rockbox likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

imagine basketMAD

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You’re right Harden cost us this game.
    Imagine being so dense that you actually believe this.

rockbox and Plowman like this.
  5. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I hope some day Harden will join us
    And the world will be as one

Kim, clutchdabear and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember the good old days when the organization didn’t provide the player with a ring, but the player obtained one on sheer will and determination.

7. Space Ghost

Please tell me where I said Harden cost the game?

When we switch to a system where the player with the most points wins the game for his team, then Hardens 44 points means everything.

For now, Nothing. Has. Changed....at all. Not before the game or after the game. Or in the last week. The last month. The last year. The last 5 years. Hardens trade value hasn't gone up. He is STILL the same player, good or bad.

Big numbers dont impress me. Making it to the finals does.

JumpMan likes this.
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You didn’t. But your implication is clear. Things aren’t as black and white as show me the finals or I don’t give a ****. It’s not productive in roster building or constructive criticism of any individual player. There are lots of factors involved in winning a ring.

9. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Rockets have all the power on this one. Keep him for the remaining two years and then get 50 million in cap space may ve the best move. He can’t sit out because he’ll lose his last couple of prime years before a major decline due to age.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden’s personal trainers in Atlanta and Vegas did a great job of getting him ready for the season

rockbox and DonKnock like this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Sadly, after watching last night, reality hits that he’s the best player in basketball and nobody can give us a truly fair return without it putting them in the same situation as us (very little chance for a Title).

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was never a question of what he does on the court, the criticism is of him as a person and the stupid things he does off the court.

13. Space Ghost

Its always been a question of what he does on the court. If putting up big numbers translated to championships, we would have went 82-0 with Harden/Westbrook combo.

Good teams (read: not 4 out of 5 players) play the ENTIRE floor on BOTH sides of the court. Three point shootouts win you regular games but send you packing 2nd round.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think most Rocket fans want Harden to stay. But, Harden is the one that created all this with his request for a trade. Harden is the one that wants a Harden trade.

The fans are just reacting to the words and the actions of James Harden. It really doesn’t even matter what the fans think or say. What matters is what Harden wants and what Harden does.

Hopefully, Harden will see that there is talent on this team and decides he wants to stay. Everyone knows what Harden can do on the court. Everyone knows we are unlikely to get back equal talent in a trade.

HARDEN is the one that needs to imagine what this team can be. The talent is there.

oloboloz and saleem like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The key to win with Harden is surround him with elite defenders and shooters. Nwaba, Tate and Brown seem to fit the mold of elite defender. If Eric can hit at 36% like he normally does and Ben McLemore continues his shooting, those players will all complement him well. Then you have two bigs that fit his game perfectly in Wood and Boogie. John Wall is the biggest question mark for fit I have. If John and James both learn to play off of each other, this is a championship contender.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep its harden's fault as always

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Imagine.
    Imagine saying Tyler Herro is off limits.
    Imagine Duncan Robinson being a “deal breaker”
    Imagine saying “We need more than Harden” to trade Can’t Shoot Simmons
    Imagine saying this player and that player is off limits.
    Imagine being that team.
    Imagine.

James.B.H, BigM, ipaman and 1 other person like this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I dont know if the nbatv crew is always so surprised but they seemed rather surprised Harden put up that game. Being a fan of this team, that’s EXACTLY what I expect from Harden because 1- that’s what he always does and 2- that’s what he was supposed to do.

I’ll tell you though, hearing them discuss “well he’s still 15 pounds overweight” as a diversion tactic? I mean why in the hell. Talk about, “lots of guys think they can put up Harden’s numbers if they played like him.

I wonder what they are all waiting on.

19. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I could say you are overreacting as well. It's only one game where Harden clearly wanted to make a statement. Probably more to the media than the Rockets.

But the problem is how long this "will" is going to last, since him and his momma already said he wants to be traded.

In the current state we still need to trade him.

And if Herro is in the package, good for us.
    We won't have ONE player to replace him. Lebron and KD are not available and Harden is at their level. It's multiple players for Harden.

Also, like you said yourself 2 all-stars and 1 sixth man didn't play.

But it doesn't mean I take what Harden has done for this franchise for granted

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Imagine upgrading the SF and/or PF starting positions... THIS team is ONE piece away James!