1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine if the Team Party Was Black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by foo82, Apr 27, 2010.

1. foo82

foo82 Member

This is an interesting piece written by Tim Wise.

http://cosmicnavellint.blogspot.com/2010/04/imagine-if-tea-party-was-black-tim-wise.html

2. foo82

foo82 Member

Damnit, can't edit title. Meant to say Tea Party

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

In College, would you believe I was the Captain of Team Party?

4. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Dont you know Americans dont have an imagination

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of the "what if Obama's family was like Palin's" comparison... everybody should be aware of the double standard.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

it's true!

The chemistry department parties were the best! Because they always had the "good stuff"

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But Physics Department Parties? ... :eek: :(

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Those were great because physics chicks were never certain about their principles.

1 person likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I'm sure this guy would support those angry black marchers armed with AK-47's.

10. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

You know, I would love to see what would happen if more minorities were "bold, brash, and in your face" about the 2nd amendment that many non-minorities are.
    And why are people so at arms (no pun intended) about gun control Obama took office and he never said anything about gun control law.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

^^^^
    Otto is a gun dealer, I wonder how much money he made in the aftermath of the election. gun shops were actually running out of ammo. unbelievable

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

If that was the case, they'd be called Black supremacists, and young white teenagers would join the neo-nazis and start a race war. Instead these militants are white and young white teenagers are joining.... Oh wait....

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Nice.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't been doing it long enough that I can really put it in perspective (i.e. all 4 years I've been doing it have been better than the previous years), but reading the industry publications, it was actually the best year over year jump in sales ever by far.

I had one customer by a side by side shotgun "before Obama outlawed them". I had a whole bunch of people who bought or ordered 5 to 10 AR-15's in the week after the election. For about 6 months - between the middle of January and about June or July - I couldn't get most polymer handguns or "little black rifles" at all. It wasn't the stores running out of ammo and guns (though of course that did happen) but it was more that the manufacturers couldn't produce fast enough to keep the distributors and retailers stocked. Ammo prices in some cases pretty nearly doubled, and the hording was crazy with respect to ammo - people buying thousands and thousands of primers and stuff like that. Most of the real craziness, however, was over by about September or October.

A couple of years ago, I toyed with running an ad with an angry looking, very obviously gay man (maybe at the pride parade) holding an AR-15 in one of the "alt papers" with the caption "Their worst nightmare", but never got around to it. (I'm located in Montrose, which would be the impetus for seeking the gay demographic).

#14 Ottomaton, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  15. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Now, let's imagine that these same groups were the ones that colonized our country from the beginning.

Even better, what if my own native country of India were to first colonize America.

There would be no need for a Heaven; we would be living in a Heaven on Earth.

After all, it’s these “white” men that are inhibiting the progress of human beings throughout the world with their guns and religion.

Unfortunately, we are now only left with wistful dreams……..

(BTW, let me add :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , for those whose sarcasm meter has been broken.)

#15 BrotherFish, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

so close to epic...

17. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Just plain hilarious.