1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine being a Milwaukee Bucks fan right now.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Sep 5, 2020.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

For years they've gloated about how everyone thinks Giannis is better than Harden, but now their "MVP" is getting stomped by Miami in the second round. Giannis sucks. I don't gloat over him getting embarrassed in front of millions of people, but he isn't on Harden's level.

Someone should make a "Curb your enthusiasm" meme about Bucks fans after their team gets swept.

#1 jacoby, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Ramo$e, BigShasta, clos4life and 6 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Giannis is extremely overrated

man, people better not EVER put this dude on Harden’s level again when he’s proven nothing other than he gets exposed come playoff time

they have the nerve to call Harden unwatchable when Giannis just runs into dudes and throws elbows all the way to the rim with his limited skill set

Giannis can’t be a closer with that garbage jump shot...he’s also an embarrassment at the line

How many times has this dude airballed a free throw? Pathetic

if the Bucks are down 3 with a few seconds left in the game, they could never give the ball to Giannis because he can’t shoot

this is what bugs me the most tho, he blew a 2-0 lead in last year’s ECF, and he is about to get swept by freaking Miami as the 1 seed...Miami is a good team that is playing well, but please, getting swept by them is 100x more embarrassing than anything Harden has ever done

if this was Harden’s resume the last 2 years, they’d already have killed him and put him in a casket, but with Giannis, all I see are a bunch of excuses even tho he’s a 2x MVP and supposed to be better than Harden

Deuce, BigShasta, clos4life and 12 others like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

yannis needs to study with dream. he won't improve cus his skillset is totally different, but just wanna get hakeem paid

4. malakas

malakas Member

meh ..this is nothing compared to what Bucks fans had to go through the last few years.

When you have to go through decades of abuse like 19 years without having won a playoffs series
    or through Kidd coaching and GMing,
    or Sanders quitting bball just after signing a max contract
    or your 2nd pick rookie have 2 ACLs
    or having the league threatening to move away the team...
    this is nothing.

You fire Bud or you trade Giannis or something.
    At least the team will still be here with ok ownership and good GM.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. MettaWorldPete

I never really saw Giannis play much, and don't have much free time these days to watch Rockets games, much less other NBA games. Last year I was staying in a hotel in Laredo for work and had an hour of down time, so I tuned into a Detroit Milwaukee playoff game. If anything, I was biased against Detroit because I think Griffin is a terrible human being. I was absolutely shocked to see Giannis play. Exactly what you described...running into dudes, throwing albums, and then getting the calls! I remember thinking what the Rockets could have accomplished if Howard had been ref'd the way Giannis is.

Anyway, I don't really relish piling onto a young man being humiliated, but geez. The hype around him really was absurd.

slothy420, TWS1986, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  6. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I still like Giannis. He has some dumb opinions about James but so does a lot of the league because of the media circus that refuses to let go of a narrative.

Dude has worked a ton on his body to get to where he is and super-focused And you gotta love the backstory of growing all the way in Greece, selling merch on the street as a kid, starting to play basketball at age 12, and making it to the NBA. Lots of parallels with Dream's story.

But his jump-shot is hopelessly broken. And he does lack a certain level of appreciation for the skill involved in basketball, which also feeds into his lack of appreciation for Harden's brilliance. Also explains his "bulldozer" offensive skillset which can only take you so far. For a guy that works as hard as he does, it's pretty apparent he doesn't spend enough time really thinking and improving his basic skills (namely shooting).

The media has given him a pass for a while (as all new/young players should be given) but I think the honeymoon period is over.

It would suck to be a Bucks fan right now, and I don't really have any schadenfreude watching their team be embarrassed being down 3-0.

But as mentioned above it's still a lot better than the purgatory the team was in before Giannis.

bmelo, jacoby, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dude gonna get his MVP via zoom :D. They might wanna fast forward and award him tomo... Don't give it to him on game day... Jimmy would love that

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Imagine living in Milwaukee.

King1, francis 4 prez and Jayzers_100 like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is a less muscular Dwight Howard.

Rocket River

Patience and T.MAC like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree that right now yeah, he is. As in how he impacts the ame, obviously their playing styles aren't similar.

But mentality, I think Giannis will be a top 5-10 player, first teamer, for a much longer time because I do not doubt his will and hard work. He'll get better, I think, he needs to add a go to move, work on his low post game OR a shot. I don't think Dwight really had the want to to ever improve. I think some stars take their dominance for granted. I remember Tmac admitting that he did once. I bet its true for a lot of star players that just fall off. I don't think Giannis is that though. He's added so many skills since coming into the league I'm sure this will humble him to get better.

Your go to move CANNOT be reliant upon your athleticism because that's not going to be there every game when you have a bum ankle or when your legs are just not there.

Even Westbrook, another player reliant upon athleticism, has that stupid mid range jumper but he also has a pretty good low post game and is bigger than most guards.

Giannis though it feels like he's so reliant upon just running by and through guys.

With that said, he doesn't have a true #2 or complimentary star...but still he can't get swept.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Howard slimmed down, got tats.

Giannis bulked up.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bucks lost tons of momentum in the Bubble, so did the Lakers IMO.

Jontro likes this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i like that you brought up westbrook for comparison. he's also not the best shooter, however he does have actual moves w/ the ball. he can dance w/ the best of them keep the ball on a string, he can give multiple fakes on the way to the basket w/ adjustments in midair to convert in the paint. while janice just tries to go straightline over or thru defenders. and for all the careless mistakes westbrook can make, he is still a very good playmaker at the PG spot. janice is just dumb AF

clutchdabear and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great post, and I’m totally here for throwing albums to become a CF thing. Please?

#vinyl

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. jowman

jowman Member

He’s a better defending Blake Griffin without Blake’s jumpsuit.

dude ain’t even a Scottie Pippen. Pippen could shoot and took his team to conf finals before. Giannis’s MVPs are ultimately gonna be like Rose. Best player on team with reg season best record. Other than that he’s nothing special.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This dude needs to find his Harden, like Russ if he ever wants to be successful.

Which is sad because that makes me think he'll just bolt to GSW somehow.

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob and Reeko like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Imagine being a Milwaukee Bucks fan right now.
    _______

No.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just keep your mitts off my LP's, OK? I've already put them through hell. Too many parties back in the day. Learned never to bring albums to parties. Other people didn't handle them like I did. :-(

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How does he get dpoy
    Much less map

Rocket River