1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Tired of Morey and his 6 year plan ---He needs to GO!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Dec 13, 2012.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I know you "In Morey We Trust" fans going to hate this thread but its time for him to go.

Dumb Moves:

June 26, 2008 As part of a 3-team trade, the Houston Rockets traded Nicolas Batum to the Portland Trail Blazers; the Memphis Grizzlies traded Donte Greene and a 2009 2nd round draft pick (Sam Young) to the Houston Rockets; the Portland Trail Blazers traded Joey Dorsey to the Houston Rockets; and the Portland Trail Blazers traded Darrell Arthur to the Memphis Grizzlies (Batum is Beasting right now)

July 8, 2009: Signed Trevor Ariza as a free agent (traded the next year)

June 25, 2009: Purchased Sergio Llull from the Denver Nuggets (He not coming over)

August 12, 2009: Signed David Andersen as a free agent (Waste of Money)

September 3, 2009: Signed Pops Mensah-Bonsu as a free agent (Why?)

July 20, 2010: Signed Brad Miller as a free agent (ya'll remember his face LOL)

June 25, 2009: Purchased Jermaine Taylor from the Washington Wizards (worse NBA player to ever put on a Rockets Uniform IMO)

Good Moves

July 24, 2012: Signed Omer Asik as a free agent (2nd best move he has done)

July 17, 2012: Signed Jeremy Lin as a free agent (Les wanted this)

October 27, 2012: Traded Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin, a future 1st round draft pick, a future 1st round draft pick and a future 2nd round draft pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Cole Aldrich, Daequan Cook, James Harden and Lazar Hayward (Gave up too much for Harden; 3 1st rounders and a 2nd with a 20 pt scorer for one player, cause you did not renew Aldrich or Cook...but best move for now even tho we could have kept Lamb IMO)

February 24, 2011: Traded Aaron Brooks to the Phoenix Suns for Goran Dragic and a 2011 1st round draft pick (Nikola Mirotic).

February 19, 2009: As part of a 3-team trade, the Houston Rockets traded Rafer Alston to the Orlando Magic; the Memphis Grizzlies traded Kyle Lowry to the Houston Rockets; the Orlando Magic traded Brian Cook to the Houston Rockets; and the Orlando Magic traded Adonal Foyle, Mike Wilks and a 2009 1st round draft pick (DeMarre Carroll) to the Memphis Grizzlies (cause we got Lowry)

**** Side Note*** He traded Parsons to Timberwolves in the B. Miller trade but sent cash in a seperate deal to get him back. I did not count Yao and T-Mac cause that wasn't his moves. Got Luis Scola (3rd best move)

It just seems this dude is always talking about next year or down the line...Let me ask you guys this...How do you feel about him stating that every conversation he has? Is he just buying his time with this team? Cause I think he makes moves to circle the drain (keep his job and not make basketball moves). Add your bad or good moves please!!! Stated on 790 this morning that we have to "Hope that the Lakers stay in the current state they are in so we can have a better chance" ---What a cop out...why are you worried about the Lakers or any other team in the West and where they will seed in the playoff run...WORRY ABOUT MY TEAM!!!!

Let me hear it "In Morey We Trust Fans"

1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steve Patterson is not walking through that door

1 person likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

common man quality posts please... think hey, maybe this has been talked about a billion times over...

1 person likes this.
  4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Great copypasta skills bro.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm hardly an "In Morey I trust" fan.

But he acquired Harden and set this franchise up with tons of flexibility going forward. That bought him time.

I'd probably be in agreement with you had the Harden deal not happened. That changed everything and conceivably makes the Rockets a potential desired destination for free agents.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This kinda talk gets people hurt around here.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This is not going to end well.........:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Terrible, terrible post. But I highlighted what I thought to be the bumbest part. Was tough to decide which statement was the worst, but I'm confident with my selection.

10. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So this is why the GARM is to be avoided. Got it.

2 people like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

"Let me hear it "In Morey We Trust Fans"

Thems fightin' words on Clutchfans buddy. Maybe you shouldn't troll.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

One of, if not the best GMs in the league. Will most likely deliver one contending team and then another contending team with all new players without a single losing season in between, which is just amazing.

His bluntness rubs some fans the wrong way, but its not his job to deliver a playoff team, its his job to deliver a contender, which he is well on his way to doing.

I was certain threads like this would be over, once he showed his hand and Harden was on the table, but it looks like I was wrong.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know you just f*****ed up, right?
    You do know that, right?

1 person likes this.
  14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

thank you...i wanted to be correct

15. Orange

Orange Member

Why do you even make threads???? All of your threads get 1 star and people make fun of your post the whole time. Have you realized you know nothing about basketball?????

16. FearTheBeardJH

Morey is an average GM. He won't build contender, but his teams will be competitive and ceiling is probably Atlanta Hawks with Joe Johnson, Josh Smith. 2nd round on good year.

17. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

2 people like this.
  18. Spooner

Spooner Member

Hahaha wow. The world is never in absence of the village idiot.

1 person likes this.
  19. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Hey guys, our shipment of stupid has arrived!

2 people like this.