1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sorry to say this but we need T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Nov 17, 2009.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It has been really amazing how you guys love to argue about him.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL - come on Day, you and I have gone round and round about him a time or two....

Pot calling the kettle black...is your post, good sir.

DD

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, sir. I have kept silent since Nov. 18th, the 'target date' for that matter.
    :grin:

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

do you give tmac any credit for playing hurt?

do you give tmac any credit for contributing to the 22-game win streak?

do you give tmac any credit for contributing to us even making the playoffs in 2007 and 2008?

you keep blaming tmac for us not getting out of the first round in the years that he played but do you even stop to think if we would have even made the playoffs without him?

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I'm generally staying out of this thread, as DaDakota is an unstoppable arguing machine once he gets a head of steam like this, but ...

This statement is patently FALSE. While it is true that McGrady plays more minutes and has the ball in his hands more during the playoffs, he has consistently been more efficient during the playoffs.

McGrady's career regular season PER is 23.1. His career playoff PER is 24.7.

In his most recent full season (2007-08), his regular season PER was 18.4, but his playoff PER was 24.4 -- a huge jump. And this was the same season when his knee really started to become a problem, but he played on it while Yao was injured and out for the season.

In fact, there have only been two seasons in which his playoff PER was lower than his regular season PER: 1999-00 with Toronto (his first playoff season) and 2006-07 (23.2 to 21.2, a fairly miniscule drop given that his usage % went up from 30.4% to 36%).

It is one of the more impressive aspects of McGrady's career -- despite whatever criticisms he has had about myriad playoff failures and questions about his toughness etc: he has consistently stepped up his game in the playoffs and played BETTER even with increased workload. That fact cannot be disputed.

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I should make a correction to the above post: McGrady did have one other season in which his playoff PER was lower than his regular season PER: 02-03 in Orlando. But that was only because his regular season PER was 30.3, which is an insane number which has only been eclipsed by Chamberlain, Jordan, Robinson, Shaq, LeBron, and Wade. His playoff PER that season was 27. But of course, that T-Mac is long gone.

7. blueice0215

blueice0215 New Member

No argument :)

I am expecting a healthy T-mac back and play for Rockets at least for this season~

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most used subordinating conjunctions in the English language

before
    until
    when
    while
    as
    after
    if Tmac
    that
    than
    because

9. FR0497

FR0497 Member

So you want T-Mac gone but your open to the idea of them re-signing him???

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4893054&postcount=254

10. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

LOL.

Btw I trust Morey and Adelman, so when they decide if Tmac can contribute let him play, or trade him for a big man or young developing guys

11. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

This dude is right. Honestly, all the people who hate on Tracy, only think of the bad times since we acquired him. But if some of you guys would think hard enough, you can remember the times when he came in the clutch, the times when he would posterize people, the times he lead us to the playoffs and doing everything in his power to get us out of the first round. You were probably on the band wagon then and probably hopped off when he got injured in 2006, then hopped back on when he carried us to the 2007 playoffs and 7 games against the Jazz. If you are a true Rockets fan, you don't hate a Rockets player.

12. Seth

Seth Member

I don't hate him, i would just like him to shut the F up for a while.
    Why? I never seen that a team has so many discussions abaout an injuried player.
    Not even the Wizz with Arenas, they moved on from the time he was out, and when he got back he got back. They guy just can't stand not being inthe spotlight.
    He has to shut up and respect whatever the organization decides for his future. And when something is announced then allright, talk all you want about a descition made. But this guy is not even considering the fact that all the talk about him will only hurt the team confidence.
    I think it's enough for the players that there are to guys being payed more for not playing than them for having a really great season, and yet one of those is b****ing around everytime he has a chance.
    I was not surprised that the rumor about him and Adelman argueing "leaked". Most likely it leaked out of his mouth.

13. ibm

ibm Member

what team? it's on me! lol. :cool:

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

So it's bad to try and take the pressure off the rest of the team BEFORE the games. After the games when he was getting the blame, and he was being held accountable like it's all on him, he didn't handle it so great, but at the same time...not like I blame him.

Pre-game I would try to relieve my teammates of pressure by saying I'll take all the pressure. After it's all said and done, if the media and such want to say I did so and so, when I gave my all, I would imagine I would be a bit sarcastic in my tone as well. Oh well, his fault for being human I guess.

Reminds me of Kubiak and how he takes all the heat for loses.

I don't know, only Tracy knows what he meant. At the end of the day, I don't give a **** what he says, only what he does on the court. Since he's not playing now, I'll wait till he does...if he does.

16. Seth

Seth Member

Do you think Duncan does not take the pressure off his teammates, or Ginobili on those 4th quarter heroics, or Pierce in Boston?
    Does any of them went public about how everything hangs on them? By default implying that what others do doesn't really matters?
    Boston, San Antonio, the real NBA champions of the late years have held a commitment to team philosophyes whether they won and lost. From top to bottom no player was allowed to think differently. McGrady clearly doesn't fit that mold, and that is the mold Adelman, Morey and this team are trying to impose.

17. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

1. No, because he still plays like a wuss anyways.

2. Sure, Keep in mind it's a REGULAR SEASON accomplishment

3. Sure.........

T-Mac is a loser, why can't you just accept it.

18. Seth

Seth Member

Lol looking to find objectiveness in a Tmac fan.... good luck with that.

I am still trying to understand how TMac "didn't quit on this team" last year by their views.

They might think TMac said "i am having surgery" and then he thought "oh no! i forgot to told my teammates, my coach, my GM!!"

19. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

I don't know why anybody thinks he has any value anymore. Really.....What the hell has he ever done for this organization other than his regular season accomplishments? I'll tell you what he's done, NOTHING, Give me all the stats you want. They are stats that even Zach Randolph and his cousin Vince Carter can post.

They are called "Empty Stats" They aren't necessarily empty, but they sure as hell don't help his team win games.

People only appreciate T-Mac because there is nothing to appreciate about.

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

t-mac is only clutch during the regular season. hes still somewhat clutch in the play-offs, but the rest of his teammates not named yao, regress in the play-offs when the game is on the line. (luther head, mike james, jon barry, scott padgett, but they did the best they could, and thats sad.)