1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Sorry But Bullard.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAD444, Jan 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

drives me crazy!!!! I love his passion like I loved him as a player but he keeps fumbleing for words...not very polished....kinda like that espn thing he had no reason being in the finals.....tell me if i am wrong!!!...please

2. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

You're wrong. As long as Bullard keeps doing Mutumbo impressions ("Aaarrrgghhh raaarrrghhhh"), he's doing fine.

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Your wrong. Matt Bullard does a good job and seems to be improving every game. He is also pretty funny.

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

he is funny. but he needs to slow down. it feels like he is reading some cue card with this "hooked on phonics" english.

5. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

You are WRONG.

AIR BULL is awesome as a color guy. I actually enjoy the game when he does the color unlikt the ugly aweful Clyde. I'll BULL all the way, all games, home and away.

He reminds a little of Jim Deshaise [sp?]. Gosh the Stros have the best commentary group in all of sports....I digress.

6. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Better than listening to chinese guys and having no idea what they are saying.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

You're wrong. Matt Bullard has steadily improved all season and always keeps his spirits lively no matter how bad the game is. His Mutombo impression slays all. I was a doubter when he was hired, but he's won me over.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You're wrong. Tonight I thought more than once "Bullard is really coming along as a commentator."

That Mutumbo impression was one of the funniest things I've ever heard from a commentator. If he keeps coming along like this, I may eventually get over the loss of Calvin Murphy.

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Sometimes I think he tries too hard, but I like him.

10. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Give the guy a chance, he's doing fine..
    Even Bill Worrell compared him with Hubbie Brown on 610 sports interview the other day.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

why cant calvin come back. didnt they clear him of all charges.

12. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

yeah, but the rockets PR department likes balls and wouldn't invite him back (mainly Les, who ... likes balls)

13. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I'd take Bullard over Clyde anyday. I think they should bring back Calvin and have a three man team. Bullard and Calvin could bounce off each other really well.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I love Calvin, but bring back Chancellor! I've never heard somebody as knowledgeable as Van on tv. He would literally predict every single crucial play before it happened!

15. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

I like Matt. He's way more better than Clyde, that's for sure. Clyde is just really, really bad. I mean I liked him as a player, but as a commentator? No way. He got better a little, but I doubt that this commentator-thing suits him that well. Van was very insightfull and sometimes funny, too. But with Matt next to Bill I don't miss him that much. I don't need Calvin back. It would be no bad thing, but I wouldn't mind to have a combination of Van and Bull next to Bill. Those guys have the insight, are funny and generally fit in better than good ol' clyde.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, Clyde is in the unfortunate spot of having to do all the HOME games. I mean, they've only won three of them! There are only so many ways you can say "The Rockets need to get the ball to McGrady."

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i like bullard but he will never ever be as good as calvin. it's just not in his personality.

18. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

if it wasnt for his annoying voice, i would too.. but damn, everytime van talks, my ears literally bleed. lol. but yea, im on for bullard for home and away games! but no one will EVER fill calvin's shoes! man, calvin made it fun to watch the game!

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

for those who complain about bull, van, etc..

just turn down your volume and do the commentary out loud yourself.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bull is mediocre. I would rather have Van. But I can tell he has improved and is working hard. Clyde is horrible. He is a senile Grandpa in his early 40's.