1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks Toronto will be good?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eddiewinslow, Jul 5, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

In what way are they better than the Hawks?

2. BleedRocketsRed

Well Hawks unloaded Marvin/JJ. They will probably unload more. They are going into rebuilding mode.

3. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Bro, the Hawks dumped Joe and Marvin the Hawks will Play

Teague
    Jenkins
    McGrady?
    Josh
    Horford

Their SG/SF situation is a crapshoot maybe Ivan Johnson starts, who knows but where will the offense come from are you serious? They strike me as an orlando magic type team in the high 70's or low 80's on most nights

The Raptors on the otherhand are a damn deep team now

Lowry(14.4 ppg)/Calderon
    DeRozan(17 ppg)/Jerryd Bayless(near 20 ppg at tail end of 10-11 season)
    Landry Fields (39% from 3 pt)/Terence Ross #8 Pick this year
    Bargnani(20 ppg)/Linas Kleiza
    Valanciunus/Amir Johnson

Im sorry but Lowry,Derozan,Bargnani,Bayless, or Kleiza can drop 20 on any given night, Kleiza was instant offense with Denver and still is. Bayless was a beast at the end of the 2010-2011 season, check his game log he hit 42% from 3 last year and like I said earlier just a few seasons ago was thought to be a better prospect than westbrook, the guy is still very very young.

Valanciunus many feel was the #2 pick in this years draft after Davis, he won't be asked to score, his strengths are defense and rebounding and that's all he will be asked to do, so he and Amir Johnson are going to fit perfectly as the weak link on offense

Calderon is a pure distributor, the man doesn't miss ft, he shoots a high percentage and running the second unit with a high flyer like Ross or a shooter like Kleiza is going to be a deadly second unit with Bayless and Kleiza being threats at all times.

The starting five has tons of heart, lowry and landry fields play all out on every play and that energy will go into guys like Bargnani and DeRozan. The work ethic lowry alone will propel the team.

I'm telling you I lived in toronto for years when I was younger, I remember the Vince and Tmac days and have always been a fan. Toronto is an incredible city, honestly much nicer than houston, google it....players are adverse to going there but its still incredible, this team is ready to cause some trouble out east I promise the rockets did not rob anyone with this 1st rounder we got......Houston is just saying its finally time to tank and move on, Im glad but I just don't want you guys to think Toronto is the 2012 Bobcats.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

they won 35% of their games last year. that's about 29 wins over an 82 game season. the 7 and 8 seeds aren't as bad as they used to be in the east. toronto is gonna need to win at least 43 games to get into the playoffs. sorry...i just don't see jonas, landry, and kyle adding more than 10 wins at best.

5. Vnilla_Gorilla

They have a great defensive coach who (as a member of the media tweeted earlier) took them from last to average last year. Now they are getting a great defensive point guard who can score.

It would be just our luck that they would get the 9th spot in east and we'd be stuck with another 14th pick.

Morey should have made it 3rd through 13th protected for shi ts and giggles...

6. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

Toronto is very underrated on here..

You guys realize that as of now they are better than the Rockets, right?

7. Granville

Granville Member

Who isn't?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bargnani was injured last year. Calderon was beyond horrible defensively, they added a bunch of promising swingmen. Factor all that in and they're up for a major increase in wins.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Sound good on paper. Maybe its because I like Lowry when he is motivated. He is worth so much for trades for a reason. Its on paper though and I personally am praying they suck. I do not want them to be good. Thats enough of Morey's bad luck already. Somebody over there needs to sprain a ankle or something.

10. BleedRocketsRed

There is nothing about that team which sticks out at me as wow (except maybe Jonas who is an unknown, Ross as well to a lesser extent).

It is not better than the team we fielded last year lol.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

I am angry at the way Toronto shafted us in this years draft.

12. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

It all depends on Bargnani's health. If he doesn't get hurt, I think they will be a sneaky good team. I can see them making some noise.

13. juicystream

juicystream Member

Marvin Williams will not be missed.

Jerryd Bayless plays PG, not SG. Either him or Calderon will be married to the bench.

Landry Fields shot 25.6% from 3 last year. Expecting him to shoot the 39% he did as a rookie is pretty optimistic.

14. juicystream

juicystream Member

Well, doesn't look like they will be bringing Bayless back...

15. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

They will make the playoffs...

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Member

Tip jar bet? Assuming you don't get banned by then.